Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Osgoode Oasis  (Read 2309 times)

gdmc2004

• View Profile
Osgoode Oasis
« on: December 13, 2004, 03:35:08 PM »
hello,

I was looking for a little clarity on a small issue.  I understand that Osgoode is sending out letters to let applicants log on to a site (oasis) and find out the status of their application. I have also been informed that from said site you can see your CGPA as per your lsat and grades.  If the cutoff for first round admissions is 3.6, and word on different board has it that the cut off for waitlist is 3.5? Does that mean that if your CGPA is below the 3.5 mark you might as well put yourself in the dinged by Osgoode category?
If anyone can shed a little light on this that would be great.
Thanks.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Osgoode Oasis
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 07:27:49 PM »
on the site, you can't see your GPA.  (at least I can't)

As for the cutoff thing, I really wouldn't put too much weight on something that you read on another message board.  The only people that would really know the answer to your question are those reviewing your app at Osgoode.  However, I think it would be highly unlikely for them to have set GPA cut offs; mind you, it is osgoode  :-\

Praetor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Proud Canadian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 02:35:43 PM »
I haven't gotten an email about Oasis yet, is that because I'm applying as an access student or is this something I should be worried about? Should I contact the admissions office?

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 02:47:15 PM »
I haven't gotten an email about Oasis yet, is that because I'm applying as an access student or is this something I should be worried about? Should I contact the admissions office?

mine was via snail-mail and I didn't get it until this past friday - so i wouldn't panic just yet.