Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: just wondering  (Read 1124 times)

txgirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's like raaaiiiinnn on my wedding day....
    • View Profile
just wondering
« on: December 13, 2004, 03:23:11 PM »
did y'all right an optional diversity statement or applied through special admissions(for the schools that gave you the option)?

if you wrote a diversity statement, what did you write about?  just wanna see how many statements are going to look like mine.
3.7/154, URM (maybe, maybe not), praying to the admissions god to be kind to me and let me in, damn it!

Oh, and I'm also slowly becoming a LSD addict, thanks.

txgirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's like raaaiiiinnn on my wedding day....
    • View Profile
Re: just wondering
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 03:28:26 PM »
oops.  can't spell.  that should read 'write', not 'right'.
3.7/154, URM (maybe, maybe not), praying to the admissions god to be kind to me and let me in, damn it!

Oh, and I'm also slowly becoming a LSD addict, thanks.

maricutie

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 05:58:39 PM »
I didn't write one because I'd already kinda focused on the ethnic/socioecon issues in my personal statement. Thought it would be kinda redundant, and didn't want to belabor the issue or make my application be COMPLETELY about this. however, if your ps doesn't focus on this, i'd make the diversity statement crucial.

hope this helps ...

SanchoPanzo

• Sr. Citizen
  • My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 12:25:45 AM »
No. Didn't write one. But it is addressed indirectly in my PS.
1L
order in the midst of chaos surrounded by order and a sprinkling of mist with chaos flavor. bake 2 hours then serve

smujd2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 02:00:51 PM »
I wrote the diversity statement and wrote more about career goals in the personal statement.  A lot of schools use the diversity statement for financial aid, and you should use every opportunity that you can get to give the school a fuller picture who you are.
smujd2007 is now an Attorney at Law!

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 06:37:33 PM »
I didn't write one because I'd already kinda focused on the ethnic/socioecon issues in my personal statement. Thought it would be kinda redundant, and didn't want to belabor the issue or make my application be COMPLETELY about this. however, if your ps doesn't focus on this, i'd make the diversity statement crucial.

hope this helps ...

this is the approach I took. but like marie and smu said, if your ps doesn't address your diversity then definetely fill out the optional essay. and no one else's statement should like yours if you write it correctly, its about your individual experience. Good Luck  :)