Law School Discussion

Yale sucks.

Re: Yale sucks.
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2004, 04:55:13 PM »
Monkey girl... you're seriously retarded.  I hope your classmates do underestimate you for A) allowing yourself to get golden showered by a monkey and B)capturing the moment on film and providing any employer, competition, prof, TA, or admissions worker the oppurtunity to see just who phucked up you are in the head.

Yale is a top 3 school... no question about it. 

Change of topic... Monkey girl has an extra 21st chromosome... discuss

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2004, 05:01:06 PM »
i'd be friends with monkey girl.  i love monkeys, and i'm jealous of people who had one sitting on their heads.  and i like people that are open to new experiences.

kidblue

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2004, 05:05:27 PM »
Yale places way more faculty in top law schools. This is why Yale rules.

the REAL desi

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2004, 05:59:14 PM »
You do realize that you'll be going to school next fall, and with people from this message board?.. You're going to be known as the girl who had a monkey golden shower her on lawschooldiscussion.org.

excuse me, but i've met kgd... she's awesome and i doubt people will think of her as a monkey golden shower girl

ass1

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2004, 06:07:29 PM »
Cal>>>>>>>>>>>Utah in everything!!!

giffy

• Mo
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2004, 06:16:36 PM »
I too would be friends with monkey girl. While I have never had one on my head I have been around them a bunch and found them cool.

kidblue

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2004, 06:20:43 PM »
Cal>>>>>>>>>>>Utah in everything!!!

Utah is going to chew Pittsburg up. Lucky for Cal, they don't have to face them.

BAFF213

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2004, 06:23:49 PM »
* because yale doesn't have grades, the academic climate is much more supportive than films like "the paper chase" would lead applicants to envision.  you are competing only with yourself, not with your fellow students, in your courses.  this fosters congenial study groups, where you don't have to worry about whether your outlines will help someone else do better than you and keep you from earning that higher grade.

yale does have a grading system (honors, pass, low pass i believe), just not the traditional (a,b,c,d,f) grading system.  im not arguing against your point because i agree with you - im just clarifying.

BigBadBo

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2004, 06:30:59 PM »
connecticut is a rancid state

but... I'm Yale is the bright spot (aside from the rest of New Haven)

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2004, 06:34:20 PM »
* because yale doesn't have grades, the academic climate is much more supportive than films like "the paper chase" would lead applicants to envision.  you are competing only with yourself, not with your fellow students, in your courses.  this fosters congenial study groups, where you don't have to worry about whether your outlines will help someone else do better than you and keep you from earning that higher grade.

yale does have a grading system (honors, pass, low pass i believe), just not the traditional (a,b,c,d,f) grading system.  im not arguing against your point because i agree with you - im just clarifying.

right.  that's why i see it as competing with yourself.  if you really want to, you can try for the "honors" grade.  but that probably won't stop you from forming study groups where the entire group benefits, because that won't be to your detriment the way people feel it is in a strict grading curve system.

i've read boalt's specific policy, and it's high honors/honors/pass/barely pass/fail.  they have 60% pass, 30% honors, and 10% high honors.  i have yet to read yale's policy.  and until i have an acceptance letter in my hand, i'd rather not get my heart set on them too much.  and yet if i do get that letter, i will immediately turn down the offers i have right now.