Law School Discussion

Yale sucks.

ass1

Re: Yale sucks.
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2004, 05:17:44 AM »
did you even look at the link i posted?  i trust that rating much more than the rating that you came up with based purely on your personal opinion.  the fact that arizona beat asu means that a bottom team in the pac10 is good enough to beat a top 25.  also, i consider ucla and oregon st. good teams.  oregon st. was 6-5, here are their 5 losses: v. LSU 22-21, v. boise st 53-34, v. asu 27-14, v. cal 49-7, v. usc 28-20.  ucla was 6-5, here are their 5 losses: v. okl st (who nearly beat ou) 31-20, v. cal 45-28, v. asu 48-42, v. wsu 34-26, v. usc 29-24.  also, i'm wondering why Auburn is "clearly awesome" while USC, who shared a national championship last year, was ranked #1 the entire season this year, and went undefeated is only "very good."  You also said that Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, and LSU are "very good."  i can only make conclusions from the words that you type and your words indicate that USC, Cal, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, and LSU all fall under this same "very good" heading while Auburn is in the (i assume higher) "clearly awesome" heading.  i disagree with this tiering system as would the coaches, sports writers, and bcs computers.  if you can give me some concrete facts why you are more qualified than these sources, please provide them.

and how do you come up with the conclusion that alabama and arkansas can beat the equivalent in the pac10?  just on feeling? 

!@#$%

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2004, 05:32:23 AM »
kgd,

why do you say that "yale sucks"?  i don't think you ever gave any reasons.  are you bitter cause you got a rejection?  do you go there and are not satisfied?  are you just bored cause there are not any monkeys around to take pictures with so that foreigners think that americans are dipsh*ts?

No, I started the thread as an inside joke.  Those involved know why it's there.  I never gave any reasons because I don't actually believe that Yale sucks.  I didn't apply there (as you would see if you bothered to take 30 seconds and research LSN) because I am fairly certain that would be a waste of $70+$12 app and LSDAS report fees. 

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2004, 07:01:30 AM »
the Q sent me a fee waiver today.. any school that sends me fee waivers gets much love :-*

quinnipiac, i'd rather kill myself than go to that school.

school motto:  two ns, one p.

BAFF213

« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2004, 11:43:26 PM »
i dunno, it just seems like it's not very prestigious (to say the least).  although i guess my super-safety (western new england) isnt much better.

the Q sent me a fee waiver today.. any school that sends me fee waivers gets much love  :-*

why? whats wrong with the Q ?

foxnewssucks

« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2004, 11:44:30 PM »
that is a poor reason BAFF213.

i dunno, it just seems like it's not very prestigious (to say the least).  although i guess my super-safety (western new england) isnt much better.

the Q sent me a fee waiver today.. any school that sends me fee waivers gets much love  :-*

BAFF213

« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2004, 11:55:57 PM »
yea i guess so - i guess every aba accredited law school seems to have some type of good "local reputation" at least.  out there in western mass, it seems that all the lawyers graduated from western new england (in springfield).  in fact, i worked for a successful one last year - smart guy - really nice guy too.  i guess if i knew that i wanted to work in western mass for the rest of my life (e.g. springfield) then i would just go to western new england (wnec) and take the scholarship, regardless of the ranking of the school.  i actually know a girl who did just that.  her brother is at boalt - hes going to get a biglaw job.  she, however, wants to be a small town lawyer out here, so she took the scholarship to wnec.  im pretty sure she had a really high lsat score too, so she could have gone somewhere much better.

that is a poor reason BAFF213.