Law School Discussion

Question about GPA

Question about GPA
« on: December 14, 2004, 09:38:07 PM »
My transcript was just processed yesterday and I went into my account to see that everything was peachy and then what do I see - 3.68 LSAC GPA!! My transcript GPA is 3.8. I looked to see what the story was and I saw a no pass class I took that the LSAC counted as an F. I am really outraged at this because this was a class I took during the summer with some darn adjunct who didn't know how to construct a proper curve. I didn't make a big deal about it at the time because I was sure this wouldn't have any impact later on. Do you think I should wage war with my undergrad over this? Can I do anything about this? I would have withdrawn from the class if I would have known it would turn out like this.

Thanks

Re: Question about GPA
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 10:14:23 PM »
My transcript was just processed yesterday and I went into my account to see that everything was peachy and then what do I see - 3.68 LSAC GPA!! My transcript GPA is 3.8. I looked to see what the story was and I saw a no pass class I took that the LSAC counted as an F. I am really outraged at this because this was a class I took during the summer with some darn adjunct who didn't know how to construct a proper curve. I didn't make a big deal about it at the time because I was sure this wouldn't have any impact later on. Do you think I should wage war with my undergrad over this? Can I do anything about this? I would have withdrawn from the class if I would have known it would turn out like this.

Thanks

Hello and welcome to the club. Everyone has these stories.

I took a Stats class at a community college over the summer while I was working. I figured out going into the final that if I didn't take it I'd get a "C", if I got a 10% on the final I'd get a "B" and an 85% would give me an "A". I took the final and did really well on it! As you can see from the above %'s, I was doing very well in the class.

After I got back to school in the fall and got my grade in the mail it was a "C". The teacher screwed up, but..... it was a credit that transfered nonetheless and I didn't know I wanted to go to law school at the time. To me, at the time, it didn't matter. My mistake!

Advice -- forget about it, the simple reading of your post has created the need for me to reply and remember!

the REAL desi

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 10:15:59 PM »
you can't change LSAC policy.  just write a brief addendum (straight to the point, not whiny)

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 11:02:35 PM »
If this F that is on your LSAC transcript occurred in an otherwise good semester, then you don't really have a basis to write an addendum. So, in the end, you should, well, do nothing.

bruin

• View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2004, 12:39:59 AM »
If you have grounds to challenge the F as somehow unfairly given, you can give it a try. Otherwise, there really is not anything you can do. It was a no pass, which is considered the same as an F.