• I like you :)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - littlemissecon
    • View Profile
Re: Yale sucks.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 12:06:30 PM »
NYU sucks. because I didn't get in.

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 12:55:13 PM »
You do realize that you'll be going to school next fall, and with people from this message board?.. You're going to be known as the girl who had a monkey golden shower her on lawschooldiscussion.org.

littleredhead

• I like you :)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - littlemissecon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 01:09:12 PM »
id be friends with a girl who had a monkey golden shower her on lawschooldiscussion.org :)

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 01:35:13 PM »
and how's that NYU application going?

!@#$%

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 01:51:39 PM »
You do realize that you'll be going to school next fall, and with people from this message board?.. You're going to be known as the girl who had a monkey golden shower her on lawschooldiscussion.org.

Sweet.  I'm hoping that all my future classmates will underestimate me based on my monkey golden shower.

And Pookie, Yale still sucks.

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 01:58:30 PM »

der schnootzy, you better hide:  there someone pretending to be a dean at penn on another thread.

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2004, 02:31:50 PM »
i don't see how one could argue that the #1 school in the country sucks.  it's one thing if you don't like a school because it's not the right fit for you; it's another thing entirely to attack the school as sucking when it's a fine choice for others.

why yale in particular does not suck:

* whether you agree with USNews putting yale at #1, it's hard to argue that they're not one of the top 3 schools in the nation.

* no matter where in the country you want to practice law, a yale degree will always be powerful.  some lower ranked schools do not have the national reputation that yale has, and thus graduates of those law schools find themselves geographically limited in where they can work immediately after graduation.

* yale has one of the best records in the country year after year for sending clerks to the supreme courts.

* yale has one of the best loan forgiveness programs in the country for graduates interested in public service.  if you're interested in public service, you can choose yale over a lower ranked school that might offer you a hefty scholarship because you don't have to worry about how you'll be able to pay back your loans after graduation if you take a low-paying job.  as a result of their loan forgiveness program, yale sends a good portion of its graduates into public service; without loan forgiveness, a lot of these graduates might be tempted to go into traditional firm practice in order to have more money with which to pay back their loans.

* because yale doesn't have grades, the academic climate is much more supportive than films like "the paper chase" would lead applicants to envision.  you are competing only with yourself, not with your fellow students, in your courses.  this fosters congenial study groups, where you don't have to worry about whether your outlines will help someone else do better than you and keep you from earning that higher grade.

* yale's small class size enables you to know your fellow classmates and the faculty on a more personal level than you would expect to find at some of the larger law schools.

if i tried to list all the reasons that yale doesn't suck, i'd be here all day, so i'll leave it at that.  thank you for reading :)

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2004, 02:40:10 PM »
 :D

buster

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2004, 02:44:37 PM »
what she said

i don't see how one could argue that the #1 school in the country sucks.  it's one thing if you don't like a school because it's not the right fit for you; it's another thing entirely to attack the school as sucking when it's a fine choice for others.

why yale in particular does not suck:

* whether you agree with USNews putting yale at #1, it's hard to argue that they're not one of the top 3 national schools in the nation.

* no matter where in the country you want to practice law, a yale degree will always be poweful.  some lower ranked schools do not have the national reputation that yale has, and thus graduates of those law schools find themselves geographically limited in where they can work immediately after graduation.

* yale has one of the best records in the country year after year for sending clerks to the supreme courts.

* yale has one of the best loan forgiveness programs in the country for graduates interested in public service.  if you're interested in public service, you can choose yale over a lower ranked school that might offer you a hefty scholarship because you don't have to worry about how you'll be able to pay back your loans after graduation if you take a low-paying job.  as a result of their loan forgiveness program, yale sends a good portion of its graduates into public service; without loan forgiveness, a lot of these graduates might be tempted to go into traditional firm practice in order to have more money with which to pay back their loans.

* because yale doesn't have grades, the academic climate is much more supportive than films like "the paper chase" would lead applicants to envision.  you are competing only with yourself, not with your fellow students, in your courses.  this fosters congenial study groups, where you don't have to worry about whether your outlines will help someone else do better than you and keep you from earning that higher grade.

* yale's small class size enables you to know your fellow classmates and the faculty on a more personal level than you would expect to find at some of the larger law schools.

if i tried to list all the reasons that yale doesn't suck, i'd be here all day, so i'll leave it at that.  thank you for reading :)