Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GW vs. Fordham  (Read 1697 times)

rubbergun

• View Profile
GW vs. Fordham
« on: December 13, 2004, 10:36:20 AM »
What do you guys think?  Does GW have a national reputation?  More prestige?  I want a school that will give me a better experience, not just job placement.  Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

ClaudiaM85

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: GW vs. Fordham
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 04:37:42 PM »
err, GW is a top 20 national program whereas maybe the Fordham curriculm may be geared toward ppl staying in New York..dont know too much about FORDham

but definitely VIST GW before u decide to go..its a very city orientated college to say the least.Plus, living in the good areas of DC is pretty pricey.

best,
claudia
Law school is overrated

NYKnicks

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 12:02:10 AM »
GW is better for a national reputation and certain programs. But if you want NYC, I think Fordham's the way to go.

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 09:43:15 AM »
Does anyone know how hard it would be to get a NYC or Boston BigLaw job from GW? Also, what does your class rank have to be at GW or Fordham to get a BigLaw job?

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 08:26:19 PM »
(bump)

Louder Than Bombs

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 08:31:52 PM »
IMHO, go to Fordham if you want NY, if you want to be somewhere else on the east coast (like DC, obviously, also prob. Philly), go to GW. New England, I'd go to BU/BC. South, Emory. West coast, USC/UCLA.

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2005, 02:24:34 PM »
I realize that GW would place best in DC, Fordham in NYC, and BU in Boston. Which school would be the best choice if I knew I wanted to work in one of those 3 cities, but did not favour one over the other. In other words, which of the schools would have the best job oppurtunities within this general region, but outside its own city?

eileen2004

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2005, 02:29:47 PM »
I realize that GW would place best in DC, Fordham in NYC, and BU in Boston. Which school would be the best choice if I knew I wanted to work in one of those 3 cities, but did not favour one over the other. In other words, which of the schools would have the best job oppurtunities within this general region, but outside its own city?

GW

uwgradcpa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 03:45:38 PM »
Sounds like you are in the same boat as me.  Accepted at GW, BU & Fordham.  My only difference is that I'm pretty sure I don't want to practice in DC, so I've pretty much narrowed it down to BU & Fordham.

I'm betting it is not very easy to go from Fordham to Boston, but any thoughts on going from BU to NYC?
165, 3.49
Attending: Fordham
Accepted:  BU, GW
Rejected:  NYU, Georgetown, BC, UVa

lonahawk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2005, 03:53:08 PM »
Commenting for my unreads - I'm in quite a similar situation as you, slicknick -- I'm trying to decide between Wash U too because Chicago is a possibility for me.  Either way, I want to do some sort of biglaw, at least during my 20s.  Gosh, if a top-14 would just accept me, maybe then this decision wouldn't be so difficult!  Bah!