Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSDAS Confusion  (Read 621 times)

IrishGuyJay

LSDAS Confusion
« on: December 13, 2004, 09:35:34 AM »
My last transcript was FINALLY processed last week and now that I've checked my status and Academic Summary Report I'm still lost.

Five schools say "First Time Report" under status, but one (UPenn) still says R5 (which is their code for "missing transcript").  Is it a problem or should it fix itself within a few days?  Also, does it really take 8-10 days for schools to receive the reports?

My Summary Report says I have 104 credits when I should have 105, so I am missing one credit (of an A).  But, it's not enough to make a difference in my reported GPA, so would it even be worth the trouble of having them fix it?

Eyes of the World

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: LSDAS Confusion
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 10:21:12 AM »
They can be a little goofy. I would email them; if you call, pack a lunch. I had a similar question and they got back to me w/in a few days. Good luck!

IrishGuyJay

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 08:25:37 PM »
LSAC missed 16 hours and -.09 of my GPA. Phone calls and emails did nothing, a letter put my account on hold. At the end of the ordeal I missed a few deadlines bc the schools couldn't get my LSDAS report since my account was on hold and the schools were told it was because I hadn't paid - not the real reason that my account was on hold bc LSAC made a mistake - and at the very end, LSAC maintained nothing changed (ie still missing 16 hours and -.09 of GPA).

Wow.  I hope you got a dean from your school to fax a letter to the schools you applied to.  LSAC is being such a pain in the ass.  There should be some way for you to fight for a (partial, at least) refund from them.  .09 can make a big difference at your reach schools or even your targets.  My LSDAS report for UPenn still hasn't been sent out.  Still no report date or even a status.  Just blankness out in LSAC world............

sordomudo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2004, 08:55:52 PM »
No doubt. You'd think they'd be able to hire an army of temps this time of the year or something in order to bring processing times up to a relatively acceptable level.  One week I can see, but that's the max.  Three or more to process ANYTHING is outrageous.  That, and we PAY THEM hundreds of dollas. Sigh.