Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GW, UCLA and Fordham  (Read 1624 times)

Phillip79

• ICQ Messenger - 0
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PhillipBach79
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Phillip_Bach
    • View Profile
    • Email
GW, UCLA and Fordham
« on: April 19, 2004, 09:47:49 PM »
I was waitlisted at George Washington and UCLA, and accepted to Fordham.  I plan to live in New York City after I graduate though.  If I get off the waitlist at either school, is there any reason I should choose them over Fordham? 

thechoson

Re: GW, UCLA and Fordham
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 09:50:29 PM »
In my opinion, NO.  Fordham is underrated by the rankings

thechoson

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 09:52:54 PM »
But then again, I am some sorry ass loser that has to pick from schools that couldn't sniff Fordham's ass, so what would I know?
But yea, go to Fordham!

Phillip79

• ICQ Messenger - 0
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 10:03:56 PM »
But then again, I am some sorry ass loser that has to pick from schools that couldn't sniff Fordham's ass, so what would I know?

Haha, well your advice is appreciated nonetheless.  I've lived in New York all my life.  I'd need a pretty good reason to move to the west coast, and I'm not sure that I can come up with one in UCLA.  Yeah, I agree that Fordham is underrated in the rankings. 

little_old_lady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 10:16:42 PM »
Go to Fordham.  If you want to be in NYC and don't get into a top-14 school, Fordham is your best bet. 

whiteout

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 12:07:02 PM »
GW and UCLA are both really wonderful, top schools.  If you wanted to try out a new city, I'd say you definitely are not hurting your chances of working in NY if you attend one of them.  Yeah.. I'd say it's a tough choice, and might actually choose one of the others... probably really top-rate students and professors and school names that will hook you up nationally for life. 

jbshane

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2004, 12:09:03 PM »
FYI, a friend of mine is graduating from GW this spring.  While he had no trouble finding employment in DC, several of his classmates are having trouble finding work in NYC - and they are highly ranked within their class.  Just something to be aware of.

lemmiwinks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2004, 12:53:54 PM »
Go to Fordham if you're sure you want to work in NYC.  If not, then I would go to UCLA.  I've heard that GW might not go to its waitlist at all this year and UCLA typically doesn't draw many applicants from it either. 
Congratulations on Fordham!  I'm a Fordham reject :(

petepeke

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2004, 02:07:06 AM »
Go to Fordham!

Phillip79

• ICQ Messenger - 0
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2004, 11:14:14 PM »
Most of you have advised Fordham, which is what I was leaning toward anyway, but just wanted reassurance.  Thanks to everyone for their responses.  It looks like I'm off to the big city!