Poll

Who will be Trump's Apprentice?

Kelly
 19 (76%)
Jen
 6 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: December 22, 2004, 01:18:29 PM

Author Topic: Apprentice 2: The Final Two  (Read 4404 times)

HURLEY- L.S.D.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Apprentice 2: The Final Two
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2004, 01:08:13 PM »
I believe they did talk about the Jen C. firing on the live broadcast. At that point I was paying too much attention but they did talk about it and she said that she doesn't have a mean or prejudice bone in her body (I find this hard to believe) and everyone has said something they wish they could take back.

It was right after this scene actually.  Jen C. gave an explanation for what she said, Trump joked that he didn't believe a word that she said, and then there was a quick shot of Jen C. looking down toward the audience or the TV, pointed in that direction, and looked really surprised.

The camera cut to Regis who said that after the break they would discuss Jen C.'s firing from her 'real world' job, Raj's hitting on the girls, and a commentary from Omarossa.  They had everything but the issue with Jen's job, so that is why I wondered if they had just cut it out.  In the end, it isn't that much of a big deal.  :)  I'm just curious.

Elaine

• "Sweet fancy Moses"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2004, 01:16:41 PM »
Oh I missed that. I just caught the part where she was making excuses.

I believe they did talk about the Jen C. firing on the live broadcast. At that point I was paying too much attention but they did talk about it and she said that she doesn't have a mean or prejudice bone in her body (I find this hard to believe) and everyone has said something they wish they could take back.

It was right after this scene actually.  Jen C. gave an explanation for what she said, Trump joked that he didn't believe a word that she said, and then there was a quick shot of Jen C. looking down toward the audience or the TV, pointed in that direction, and looked really surprised.

The camera cut to Regis who said that after the break they would discuss Jen C.'s firing from her 'real world' job, Raj's hitting on the girls, and a commentary from Omarossa.  They had everything but the issue with Jen's job, so that is why I wondered if they had just cut it out.  In the end, it isn't that much of a big deal.  :)  I'm just curious.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2004, 03:19:29 PM »
i agree with picture this on a couple points:

*after a few weeks, kevin and kelly were very obviously the best.  kevin, esp, i loved when he kinda yelled at elizabeth (they showed the clip last night).  he kicked ass.

*if any woman were to win, i think it would have been pamela.

*i thought jennifer did a great job of defending herself, as she did against sandy.  for the shortest minute, it looked like she could actually walk away with the prize.  but i'm glad kelly win.  all of trump's people agreed that kelly was the best (including the guy who couldn't elaborate because he froze up.  he looked totally mean afterwards too.  that was so weird).

*ivana's a skank.  (why didn't anyone tell regis over the many commercial breaks that he was pronouncing it wrong?)

*i'm excited for season 3.  looks interesting.  my bf and i noticed that it's not all attractive people this time.  kinda funny.  we'll see how it goes.

we should have a poll now of who will win: book smarts or street smarts.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

lazybum

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2004, 03:31:22 PM »
I'm a fan of the street smarts, just for the record.

As to who won last night- eh, the best of the two won, but I was a Kevin fan the entire way. I thought Jennifer and Kelly were both sub-par on their particularly tasks though (with Kelly less sub-par). 

If I was Kwami, I'd be wishing I was on this season rather than last because he could've taken all of them on without breaking a sweat. 

Praetor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Proud Canadian
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2004, 05:05:42 PM »
I thought Kevin was the best too, but Kelly was really good as well. I am surprised that after a full season of manipulating the storyline, they actually didn't pull a surprise ending and have Jen win. Missed it last night, so I guess I'm going to have to download it :P

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2004, 05:33:42 PM »
there might be an encore.  all the other episodes replayed on saturday night too.

okay, you guys bring up a good point.  between the two finalists, kelly was better.  between kelly and kevin, not so sure.  i really liked both of them.  maybe kevin would have done a better job of leading and motivating his group, though?  certainly would have been a better final two, since i think we'd be more evenly divided about who should win, more like last season.

for next season, i want to see whether the book smart people ONLY have book smarts.  if they've been out working since school, they might also have street smarts, in which case i vote for them to win.  otherwise, i think street smarts will probably take it.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

Casper

• Sr. Citizen
  • Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2004, 05:44:13 PM »
I'm voting for street smarts too, based on personal experience. 
There nothing you can do to replace real world situations.  I've been in courtrooms with actual judges, and the interaction has taught me far more than if I were in a classroom setting. 

Drawing dead, serving 25 to life.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2004, 05:48:36 PM »
that's why i said book smarts if they also have some street smarts.  it's really rare to have book smarts without having gone to (and graduated from) college, but after graduating, those kids could have gotten their street smarts by working.  seems like it's easier to control for the book smarts than for the street smarts, so they the book smarts will have a combination of both, but the street smarts will just have the street smarts.  not that they'll ineloquent idiots or anything, so maybe their intellectual capacity really will match with the other group's street smarts.

i see this being a widely debated topic in the coming months though.

kccole

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2004, 06:05:29 PM »
For the westcoast viewers - Did they edit out Donald's COO's comments, or lack of, on Jennifer? He got up and stated that he just didn't like Jen, but couldn't articulate why he didn't like her or why she shouldn't be picked. He should've been fired on the spot. There is such a thing as nervousness, but that was just plain foolish. Just curious as if they edited that portion out in order for this guy to save face.
Get Right, or get Left!!!!

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2004, 06:51:58 PM »
no saving face - we saw that!  (i'm in CA)  that was hilarious.  i felt bad for the guy, but he's the one i was semi-griping about earlier, because he looked so PISSED (not embarrassed, but angry, like he was going to beat regis) after he sat down.