Poll

Who will be Trump's Apprentice?

Kelly
 19 (76%)
Jen
 6 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: December 22, 2004, 01:18:29 PM

Author Topic: Apprentice 2: The Final Two  (Read 4398 times)

Praetor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Proud Canadian
    • View Profile
Re: Apprentice 2: The Final Two
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2004, 04:34:52 PM »
Kelly should win very easily, Jen has absolutely no business sense and appears to be afraid to take charge. Her management thus far in the final task has been brutal and the company wasn't impressed.

All of which leads me to predict Jen will win. Like most of these 'reality' shows, they want a surprise ending and they are able to create it in the editing room. While Kelly certainly looks like he should win, and I'd never hire Jen, I firmly believe Jen will win.

I did vote for Kelly though :P

HURLEY- L.S.D.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2004, 04:46:38 PM »
he he..   :D  I was just thinking about that possibility the other day. 

While I am still voting for Kelly, I've drummed up the following reasons for voting for Jen:

1) The woman is inherently able to out-manipulate Kelly (who as already admitted to being manipulative).

2)  The NBA event stands a better chance of making more money, which might be a deciding factor.

3)  Since there's another Apprentice season to go, the commercial and PR value of the show would go much higher by hiring a woman this time.

4)  Jen is fundamentally more well organized. (yes, I know I'll take some heat for that one).

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2004, 07:32:52 PM »
praetor, i think surprise endings happen during the course of the season, sure.  that's why they had double firings and firing before consultation with george and carolyn this time around.  i don't think the final episode needs to be a surprise.  last year, were we really surprised when bill won?  kwame didn't have control over omarosa and didn't do anything when she lied to him, even though he had the authority to do anything he wanted (but didn't know he had that authority, apparently).  bill was totally the better candidate between the two based on that final task.

hurley, i don't think it should matter which event can raise more money.  it's not like the events were their idea or even that they got to choose:  trump assigned both of them to their respective events.  it kinda doesn't sound like the chris webber thing is jen's fault either.  wasn't webber already in line before they took on this task?  it's just going to be a matter of her reeling him in anyway (which seems unlikely, based on the article someone posted on this thread, i think, though i'm not reading it for fear of spoiling something) or finding some sort of replacement.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

Praetor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Proud Canadian
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2004, 05:39:48 PM »
While the Apprentice may not have had a surprise ending last year, many reality shows do. If Jen does win, it certainly will be considered a surprise by the vast majority of viewers. I firmly believe that this show is being heavily edited to change the public's perception, there have already been many cases pointed out in various sources where there is obvious dubbing. I'm fairly confident that Jen will win, even though it certainly looks as though Kelly should.

bhvexille

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2004, 05:41:26 PM »
I want jen to win (how can you not root for the sexy lawyer?), but I don't think she will :(

HURLEY- L.S.D.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2004, 05:48:53 PM »

hurley, i don't think it should matter which event can raise more money.  it's not like the events were their idea or even that they got to choose:  trump assigned both of them to their respective events. 

Pookie, good point.  And this is exactly why I said:  The NBA event stands a better chance of making more money, which might be a deciding factor.  I'm unsure how Trump will end up measuring success on this one. 

I firmly believe that this show is being heavily edited to change the public's perception, there have already been many cases pointed out in various sources where there is obvious dubbing.

Praetor, I totally agree with your observation.  In fact, it just seemed that the editing for this season sucked.  I could usually tell who was going to be fired within the first 10 minutes of the show!  I'm not sure if they will stick to that same style for the end.  I've been very curious about what Trump said about Kelly last week in the boardroom.  That makes me wonder what will happen tomorrow, but we'll just have to wait and see.

It isn't like Trump loses at all either way.  Last year he ended up hiring Amy after cutting her out from the final two.  This year, he could just hire Jen for publicity reasons and create another role for Kelly.

Who knows?

cali444

• Sr. Citizen
  • I, sir, am a lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2004, 05:53:14 PM »
I really doubt that Jen will win.  The producers haven't let her look even remotely likable, and I don't thin kthey'd want to have an apprentice who no one likes.  If they were going to have a woman apprentice this year, Sandy would have been the better choice since she's likable and has pulled herself up by her bootstraps without a college education.  With all the editing and manipulation that is done on this show, I'm sure the producers would have edited in a few redeeming qualities for Jen if they were to allow her to win.

HURLEY- L.S.D.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2004, 06:48:17 PM »
Sandy would have been the better choice since she's likable and has pulled herself up by her bootstraps without a college education. 

An interesting observation, and indeed one that was presented on the show.  I considered this once, but then realized that Sandy would still not make a good apprentice.

The reason is that Sandy was indeed a successful entrepreneur, but in the bridal industry.  It is essentially a retail-based industry with a heavy emphasis upon sales.  Many non-college-educated people start businesses or carreers in the retail industry, so it isn't an anomaly.

Now, if Sandy had skipped college and started her own venture capital firm, or even started a globally-focused small business like Bill (last year's apprentice) did with the cigar company, then I could see how Sandy would have a shot. 

When Sandy kept talking about what an entrepreneur and 'risk-taker' she was I just sighed.  It isn't like she became a Michael Dell or a Bill Gates.  She sells wedding dresses.  Its a great business and she's done a good job, she like Jen said, she can't handle complex transactions and top-notch strategy.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2004, 01:38:51 PM »
along those same lines was troy last year, who lacked a college education but had experience in real estate, not sales.  http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Apprentice/contestants/about_troy.shtml

bill's whole business thing was kind of overrated, i thought.  we went to the cigar website, and when you click through to buy something, you see that it's a yahoo store.  not sure what their sales are, but it can't be too terribly much that they continued having a yahoo store instead of getting their own system after sales reached a certain level.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

kccole

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2004, 09:42:45 PM »
Man Jennifer is getting rocked!!!!! No one seems to think she has what it takes!
Get Right, or get Left!!!!