Poll

Who will be Trump's Apprentice?

Kelly
 19 (76%)
Jen
 6 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: December 22, 2004, 01:18:29 PM

Author Topic: Apprentice 2: The Final Two  (Read 4323 times)

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
Re: Apprentice 2: The Final Two
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2004, 10:25:29 PM »
I guess what I remember most from that episode is Jen saying things like, "I think this wheel is a good addition because. . ." and using a bunch of the first person, which I took to mean that she was trying to take credit for something she didn't come up with.  Overall, she just rubs me the wrong way (maybe it's the whole self-important, Princeton ugrad and Harvard law thing that gets me ;)).  This is the first year I've watched this show, mainly because I go home to my parents' house on Thursday nights (for figure skating) and my entire family just sits around the TV, watching the show.  It's been interesting, though.
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

HURLEY- L.S.D.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2004, 05:21:43 AM »
I did a little searching and I found Kelly's biography online.  He sure has a long resume.

Kelly Perdew
As President of CoreObjects' US operations, Kelly provides leadership in strategy, sales, business development, legal, finance and operations. He is a proven entrepreneur and strategic thinker, having led major negotiations and implemented successful operational strategies at a range of companies, with a record of motivating groups to achieve aggressive goals. As the Acting President for www.eteamz.com, Kelly helped secure Angel and VC financing, grew the value of the company through acquisitions and strategic relationships, and led the negotiations for the successful sale of the company to www.active.com. Kelly was the co-founder, President & CEO of K12 Productions, LLC, an event marketing and production company that he grew to profitability. Prior to eteamz and K12 Productions, he was a strategy manager at Deloitte Consulting in the technology practice. Prior to Deloitte, Kelly led business development and was acting CFO for a videoconferencing service provider where he helped grow sales to clients such as Lehman Brothers, AETNA and the FBI. Kelly also served as a military intelligence officer in the US Army and successfully completed both Airborne and Ranger training. He holds a BS degree from the United States Military Academy, West Point, and earned his MBA from The Anderson School at UCLA and his JD from the UCLA School of Law.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2004, 02:16:20 AM »
i voted for kelly.  i think he's proven himself to be the stronger candidate throughout the show.  he's good in any position, and he's undefeated as a project manager.  not actually sure of jen's record.  i didn't like jen much throughout the show, but she did a phenomenal job in the boardroom against sandy.

about the rain, hurley, you said you would have checked the weather reports.  that's a great idea in hindsight, but do you really think you would have thought of it then?  this season seems to have been shot in may-june.  in the episode where they go to the mars factory, the flags are at half-mast, which would have been right after reagan died at the end of may, and at least out here they stayed at half mast through flag day on june 14.  not sure that in mid-june, i would have thought to check for rain.

i think both events are going to end just fine.  last year they had things where they ended the episode making it look like there'd be a disaster (remember when jessica simpson went missing?), and it was fine in the end.  don't mean to make it sound like too much of a conspiracy theory.  the weather is a bit tricky.  we'll see in a few days whether i'm way off here...
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

NYKnicks

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2004, 02:18:30 AM »
I don't have much to say but I'd say Kelly for sure. He's more down to earth and is overall a better team player AND leader.

Jen's got some weird attitude issues and a pretty cocky attitude.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2004, 02:20:03 AM »
to keep things interesting, i made a bet with my bf on who would win.  he picked kelly, so now i'm actually rooting for jen.  but i still think kelly has been the better candidate thusfar.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

HURLEY- L.S.D.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2004, 02:24:28 AM »

about the rain, hurley, you said you would have checked the weather reports.  that's a great idea in hindsight, but do you really think you would have thought of it then? 

All good points, Pookie.  Yes, I would have immediately checked the weather reports, and here is why...

In the northeast, the weather is always in flux.  It can rain one day, be sunny the next, and on and off for months on end, then sunny for several weeks, then cold/hot...., etc.  You get the point.

It is different from where you are on the west coast.  In Southern California the weather is not an issue until around December/January.  Therefore, a Californian would not think of it, but someone who is from the northeast would.  I have friends who have gotten married on the east coast and they have heart attacks about the possibility of rain.  It is a frustration that they face all the time.  People who live back east are pretty dependent upon the weather reports because it is not as unchanging as it is in SoCal.

Knowing that Kelly is from Los Angeles, this may be the reason why he didn't think to check the weather reports. 

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2004, 02:32:43 AM »
yeah, that explains why i wouldn't think of it then :)

last year, didn't either kwame or bill end up riding with his team instead of going in the limo/towncar?  i thought that was pretty cool.  maybe it didn't happen and i just thought it would have been a nice gesture.

foxnewssucks

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2004, 02:35:03 AM »
who the hell voted for Jen?  I dont care if she is a hot Harvard grad... she is stil a TTT.

HURLEY- L.S.D.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2004, 02:41:16 AM »
to keep things interesting, i made a bet with my bf on who would win.  he picked kelly, so now i'm actually rooting for jen.  but i still think kelly has been the better candidate thusfar.

Pookie, you 'flip flopped'!  Heh, that's cool that you are rooting for Jen.  I honestly think that she still has a chance. 

I set up the voting in such a way as to allow users to change their vote.  Feel free to update the poll.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2004, 02:44:43 AM »
people might have voted for jen because they think the polo game is done b/c of the rain.

i didn't really flip flop; i still think kelly will win.  i just have to root for jen.  i figured it'd be more fun if we had a bet in there for fun, but my bf wanted to pick kelly.  i still vote for kelly for this poll.