Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: XOXO v. LSD  (Read 4336 times)

amelus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: XOXO v. LSD
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2004, 06:01:35 PM »
as some of you have touched on, a significant difference between the two boards is the desire for anonymity on xoxo to post vile comments that many of those people would never say to someone's face.  here, people try to be civil and helpful, the way they would in person.  the anonymity allows people to converse on ideas they might not otherwise be able to discuss with a myriad of people from different backgrounds on a variety of topics at any given moment.  often in person, while people would like to discuss many of these topics, they will avoid them because they have no idea how the other person might react, no matter how respectfully someone gives their opinion on any soci-politically sensitive issue.

i guess the bottom line is i'd say a far higher percentage of people on xoxo seem two-faced.

amarain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Atlanta Private Investigator
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2004, 08:38:57 PM »
LSD feels more like a community. You see people's pictures, you get and give advice, talk about stuff, have discussions about whatever. XOXO seems to me like a bunch of college kids posting crude and offensive stuff that they think is just hilarious! Hey, I said "whore" and "jizz-striker" hahahahaha!  ::) ::)

newy

• Sr. Citizen
  • HLS 2008
    • View Profile
    • newy@lsn
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2004, 08:39:34 PM »
When you can change your name/identity at will and there is no easily-accessible history of your posts, why take responsibility for your actions?  Thus the nature of xoxo.  LSD allows people to build a reputation and be responsible for their comments and attitudes.   However, I think both boards are valuable for different reasons.

HTH  :-*

Sportseditor23

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2004, 10:32:28 PM »
I think both boards are valuable and xoxo can be hilarious. I love the sarcasm.
You can't get accepted to a school if you don't apply

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Sportseditor23

BigTex

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2004, 10:55:13 PM »
I really don't have much opinion on the subject, mainly because XOXO sucks from a simple usability standpoint. The architecture of the site is not well laid out. Here on LSD there are nice groupings of threads into various heirarchies. It's clear what thread you're in. You can see new posts since your last visit. You can see responses to your posts. etc. etc. etc.

None of these conveniences exist on XOXO (or they weren't readily accessible). Forget the content, the format is simply no fun to use.

Sportseditor23

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2004, 11:22:15 PM »
clearly LSD has the edge in interface.
You can't get accepted to a school if you don't apply

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Sportseditor23

DOWNY

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2004, 03:46:20 AM »
I like xoxo, except for the crappy layout. People on LSD need to be bigger assholes. This would make it more fun. I get irritated when every post is about how great everyone is and how the kid with a 155 and a 3.0 can go T14 if he writes a good personal statement. @#!* that, he's going Cooley, and there's no reason to fill his head with false hope.

Without DOWNY here you fuckers would totally ruin this board.

HTH

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2004, 12:45:51 PM »
I like xoxo, except for the crappy layout. People on LSD need to be bigger assholes. This would make it more fun. I get irritated when every post is about how great everyone is and how the kid with a 155 and a 3.0 can go T14 if he writes a good personal statement. #@!* that, he's going Cooley, and there's no reason to fill his head with false hope.

Without DOWNY here you fuckers would totally ruin this board.

HTH

julie agree with need for accuracy on something like this.  however, lots of meanness here, whatever else goes on.  it just worst at xoxo.

westwardho

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2004, 10:26:47 PM »
The interface on XOXO is wayyyy better than here.  Nice and clean and old-school.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2005, 05:04:47 PM »
The interface on XOXO is wayyyy better than here.  Nice and clean and old-school.

This is correct.
Look to the left -- Look to the right