Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: addendums on LSACD on the web  (Read 354 times)

ucsblaw8

• Jammin' in SB
    • View Profile
addendums on LSACD on the web
« on: December 11, 2004, 08:14:54 PM »
How do I add an addendum to my app. on LSACD. I want to add a GPA addendum, do I just attach it as an electronic attachment along with my PS?
shine on

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
Re: addendums on LSACD on the web
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 09:10:28 PM »
The plural of addendum is addenda, not addendums.  Just thought I'd point it out in case you had any reason to use the plural in any of your apps (I did). 

Lulu

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 09:36:24 PM »
yes you attach addenda like you would your PS and resume.

ucsblaw8

• Jammin' in SB
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 07:26:30 AM »
thanks, I just needed to make sure.

Can anyone out there give me some advice on my GPA addendum? I didnt want it to sound too much like Im giving excuses so I just wrote :

GPA addendum:
As evident in my transcript, my grades show an upward trend throughout my years as an undergraduate. I would like to emphasize my last two years of study as I pursued a second major in Psychology and an added minor in Education. My cumulative GPA is a 3.92 for Psychology and 3.88 for Education from my degree granting institution. My performance in these courses better represents my capabilities as a student and should reflect my work at SCHOOL NAME.

Is this crap, or a whorthy addendum to attach?
shine on

ucsblaw8

• Jammin' in SB
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2004, 03:49:34 PM »
anybody???, I'd really to send this out asap

thanks everyone
shine on

kernelgt

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 05:49:57 AM »
My personal opinion (which you mention in your opening sentence) is that your transcript is evidence enough of your upward trend and capabilities within your major.  That's what the transcript is for.  It doesn't sound excusatory, but it's maybe not necessary.  I think most people address significant factors that contribute to a lower GPA if they do an addendum...like: yes, my GPA is 3.1, but in addition to full time school, I worked 60 hours a week to support my family of 7 younger brothers b/c my parents died in a car crash without leaving us a dime, so, all things considered, a 3.1 is pretty damn good in that circumstance.

Plus, we'll all be taking classes in law school that are required but not necessarily in our interested area of the law...what are you saying, then, that you'll only excel in courses that specifically support your concentration and not in the base curriculum, some being courses in which you may have no interest?

SuicideNixon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 06:08:11 AM »
I wrote an addendum pointing out that the average grade in my major was a 2.6 to contrast with the LSAC reported average gpa for my school which was almost a 3.3.
When a President does it, that means that it is not illegal. -Richard Nixon

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=SuicideNixon