Law School Discussion

Widener

sita

Re: Widener
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2004, 05:18:19 AM »
I was offered full scholarship as well and after doing some digging it didn't seem so great.  I definitely wouldn't pay to go there and their grading policies are such that it would be hard to keep the money.  I won't take the chance that I would have to pay for them.  If it was my only choice I would be happy but I've been accepted to tier 1 schools including my first choice.

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2004, 06:10:27 AM »
I don't know how true that is. I received my acceptance letter a couple of days ago in New Jersey

legalkitty

• The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2004, 09:00:43 AM »
I think they are just sending out their auto-admits right now, regardless of geography. It seems like most of the people getting accepting to Widener right now don't plan on going there because their stats will afford them a much higher ranked school.

I, on the other hand, would love to go there, but will certainly not be an auto-admit. Oh well, as long as I am not an auto-reject! ;)

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2004, 06:49:48 PM »
Glad it doesn't sound like you'll be waiting on that decision much longer, Kevdog.  Do you mind my asking when you applied and/or when they requested your file?

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2004, 10:41:32 AM »
Thanks.  Just trying to get a ballpark as to how long their process is taking -- looks like I'll be waiting until after the New Year.

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2005, 06:58:28 AM »
Yeah, I feel your pain. :'(

I haven't recieved anything from them yet, but I didn't really expect to since my LSAC report was sent Dec 24 (I took the Dec LSAT). However, when I have dealt with Widener on the phone they just have not seemed really... friendly....to me. I kinda feel like you do. I would like to be treated as someone who has VALUE, not just a ##. Other LS I have dealt with have a better track record on politeness.

Is politeness/friendliness important in a school to you all?

strouse

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2005, 07:05:12 AM »
Kev, i received the identical response as you, "a decision has been made....."  Still haven't heard anything either.  Sounds like it is standard for them to respond that way.

legalkitty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2005, 10:27:08 AM »
I have a Widener dilema of my own. Before Christmas, I sent an email to see if I my app was complete and it turns out they were missing some info I had emailed them that was apparently holding up my complete status. THEY actually apologized to me and asked me to resend the info. I did, both by snail mail and via email again. I don't know if I should check on my status again, or assume everything is fine. I don't want to be pesty, but I don't want to be incomplete again and not know it.

What do you think?? ???

legalkitty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2005, 12:23:25 PM »
Thanks Kevdog, that's what I did. Good luck!!