Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How high should I aim?  (Read 1237 times)

Artemis

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
How high should I aim?
« on: December 27, 2002, 05:43:20 PM »
I'm applying to law schools for the fall. I have three majors (Political Science, Jounalism and Philosophy), Departmental honors in the first two...over 3.0 in the third one. I am a minority woman. I also came to the US at 12 and was in a near-death accident sophomore year of college (didn't quit anything though, figured I'll tough it out, it was fine, just created a lot of curves in my transcipt).
I got a 157 at my first shot on the LSATs and have a 3.3 (down to 3.18 thanks to the LSDAS report). Should I aim higher than what the numbers say on the official guide? Some say I would be an exception. Any suggestions at what kind of schools I could consider safe, long shot and competitive? thanks, and wish you all the best with your applications and admissions.  :).
Also, anyone have any suggestions on where I can get my personal statement reviewed and commented on, my university's pre-law advisor is not very resourceful.

kdf

Re: How high should I aim?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2003, 11:48:32 AM »
Hi.  I think you should pick 1-2 schools that you really really want and 3-5 that you kind of want and 1-2 that you know you're a sure thing.

UGPA: 3.41
LSAT: 157

Got into: Case Western (full ride), Tulane (full ride), didn't get into Wake Forest.  But best of all, I got into Duke! (with a scholarship)!  So, I am there now.

Don't sell yourself short.