Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BC and Wake -- anyone hearing?  (Read 2946 times)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: BC and Wake -- anyone hearing?
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2004, 08:48:48 AM »
They sent it to your permanent address for some unknown reason.  If you put your parents' address down, I'd call them to see if they have it.  Richmond sent my acceptance package there as well, even though I've obviously been out of school for 1 1/2 years, and no longer get "winter break"

drowles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2004, 08:52:12 AM »
Jacy...

If you've been out of school for 1.5 yrs. why would you call your parents abode your "permanent address".. I just left this blank on all my apps. so there would be no chance that anyone would send anything to my parents.  Think about it.. if you're the school.. where are you going to send important info like acceptance letters... Permanent address or temporary address?!

Having said all that.. BC is insane not to have at least deferred you.. I was very sorry to hear that.. Good luck with UVA!
ATTENDING... UGA.. GO DAWGS!!!
Accepted: UGA, GW PT, Tulane
Dinged:GMU PT/FT
Priority Waitlist: Gtown PT
Waitlist: BC, WUSTL, Emory
Applied: GMU PT/FT, GW PT, Gtown PT, Emory, UGA, BC, Tulane, WUSTL

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2004, 08:56:38 AM »
Well, date wise, I put down my parent's address for any mail after Aug 1.  My lease ends Aug. 31, but I'll probably have moved by then to where ever I'm going to law school.

I figured that when I choose my school, I'll obviously let them know what my "local" address will be, and then if any other mail comes for some reason, instead of going through that forwarding process, it'll get sent to my parents' house and I'll know what it is sooner.

I didn't think they'd all be retards and assume that *everyone* is on winter break.  But whatever.  My daddy calls and tells me what I get from law schools.

And thanks for the BC condolances.  I wasn't planning on going there, and applied on a whim, so no hard feelings. 

littlelucy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2004, 08:53:17 PM »
They sent it to your permanent address for some unknown reason.  If you put your parents' address down, I'd call them to see if they have it.  Richmond sent my acceptance package there as well, even though I've obviously been out of school for 1 1/2 years, and no longer get "winter break"

yeah, i heard that, but i listed work as current and apartment as permanent, and theyre two miles apart. my mom would have let me know if my letter had strangely wound up in her massachusetts mailbox, though   :P

i gave only california addresses out of residency paranoia-- just so if i wind up at ucla or boalt, they won't decide to sleuth out whether i've ever listed a non-cali permanent address in the last couple years. i already drive a car with mass. plates so it can be dicey (as i learned when i was told in my PhD program that i was NOT ALLOWED to go home for the summer).
dirty yalie

russian_concussion

• Sr. Citizen
  • Highjacker Extraordinaire
    • AOL Instant Messenger - agradon
    • View Profile
    • Get a Free IPod
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2004, 08:58:55 PM »
I've been stalking out the mailbox  >:(
161/3.53 (in CS, not that it matters)
Going to: Brooklyn 08/19