Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: MSU  (Read 832 times)

Pamela

• MSN Messenger - pronback@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
MSU
« on: December 11, 2004, 12:06:48 PM »
I was accepted to Michigan State today.  I sent my application on November 11. There was no mention of any scholarship in the acceptance letter--not even a "we'll send scholarship info. later." I thought they notified of scholarships right away, since the rep. that came to my school said to make sure to apply early to get a scholarship.  Anyone know anything?
Applied: Valpo
Accepted: Baylor, Akron (Full Tuition), Michigan State (Full Tuition and laptop), Ohio Northern ($22,500/year), Toledo (Full Tuition), Wayne State (Full Tuition), Hamline (Full Tuition), Loyola New Orleans ($20,000/year)
3.82/159
Attending: MSU

AgentRHE

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: MSU
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 02:20:11 PM »
I know that Spartan Stadium is a good place to watch a football game.... but that's about all I've got for ya.   ;)
Attending: Wisconsin

fragolina

• Sr. Citizen
  • *cluck cluck*
    • AOL Instant Messenger - fragolina+moda
    • View Profile
    • Fragolina
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 04:35:49 PM »
I was notified of my scholarship right away - they said I had to commit to it by april 1st - which is probably why you were told this - not sure if they do this for all awards - or just the one I got?

hth
Fragolina

Frago on LSN
In: Chicago, UMich, UVA, G-town, UCLA, Indy-B, Rutgers, MSU, Cornell
Praying: NYU, Columbia
Withdrawn: NWU, W&M, W&L, GWU, USC, BU
Out: HLS, SLS

Thumbellina

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2004, 10:50:31 PM »
Congrats.  I got my acceptance letter today (my first). I was a little surprised at the lack of scholarship info too.  Fragolina, when did you get your acceptance? 
3.77/161
In: Miami, Hofstra ($20k a year), Wayne State, Michigan State, Detroit Mercy, Cooley (85% scholarship)

fragolina

• Sr. Citizen
  • *cluck cluck*
    • AOL Instant Messenger - fragolina+moda
    • View Profile
    • Fragolina
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2004, 11:09:35 PM »
I received my letter on the 10th - but I live about 5 miles from campus so it would reach me pretty quickly. You guys might try emailing to ask? I have emailed admissions before and they were really helpful/responsive - none of that automated response stuff.

Good luck!

hth
Fragolina

Frago on LSN
In: Chicago, UMich, UVA, G-town, UCLA, Indy-B, Rutgers, MSU, Cornell
Praying: NYU, Columbia
Withdrawn: NWU, W&M, W&L, GWU, USC, BU
Out: HLS, SLS

Pamela

• MSN Messenger - pronback@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 12:39:17 AM »
Hm..so now I'm thinking I'm not getting ANY scholarship from them. I know my numbers aren't that high, but they are high enough that I should be definitely getting something.  The rep told me that my numbers should be enough to get 100% tuition, so to be offered nothing is pretty weird. I'll try to call them Monday, I think.
Applied: Valpo
Accepted: Baylor, Akron (Full Tuition), Michigan State (Full Tuition and laptop), Ohio Northern ($22,500/year), Toledo (Full Tuition), Wayne State (Full Tuition), Hamline (Full Tuition), Loyola New Orleans ($20,000/year)
3.82/159
Attending: MSU