Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Scholarships...  (Read 1082 times)

MaroonOut2005

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attending: Notre Dame
    • View Profile
    • Email
Scholarships...
« on: April 19, 2004, 04:28:27 PM »
Howdy,

Public interest work, such as FBI, has always interested me.  However, in order to go into this field I can't have a lot of debt when I graduate.  So my question is, what Law Schools are traditionally generous with merit based scholarships?  I looked on the USNews report at different schools, but its hard to tell from that.  My numbers are 3.55 from Large Public in Texas, and I'm floating around a 165 on practice LSATs.

Thanks and Gig 'Em

Anti_Ivy

Re: Scholarships...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 04:37:25 PM »
YOU'RE A TAMU AGGIE!!!   :P

I'd recommend going to UT, SMU, Baylor, or UH (if you want to stay in Texas).  Otherwise, if you can improve your numbers a bit, you could to a top 10 law school.  Most top 10 schools have really good LRAP programs, which will pay most/all of your debt if you choose to do public interest/government work.

-> UT is super cheap for residents.  Approx. $10,000/yr, whereas other top twenty schools are close to $30,000/yr.

melissa2781

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Scholarships...
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 05:46:39 PM »
take your LSAT, then get back to us.  only because sometimes ppl do alot better or alot worse on their practice LSATS than on the real deal.  I did great on the practice tests..... not so great on the real.  Its easier to plan when you know exactly what you have going for you.  ;D
**The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams ~ Eleanor Roosevelt**