Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where would you go?  (Read 1548 times)

tstein

Where would you go?
« on: December 10, 2004, 04:57:25 PM »
Assuming I get in to the University of Nebraska (already in at Creighton), what school would you choose, Nebraksa or Creighton?

Heres the deal, I am at Nebraska currently for my undergrad and I love the town (Lincoln) and the school. Creighton is only 45 min away in Omaha. I wouldn't mind a change of scenery. I am starting to think that Creighton is a good choice.  Is it dumb to pass up acceptance at a tier 2 school to go to a tier 3 school?

Nebraksa: Ranked 89th (tier 2)  GPA 75/25: 3.83/3.31  LSAT 75/25: 158/152
1st time bar passage: 86%   Employment Rate: 81% with 10% unemployed seeking employment
12% employed in business

Creighton: Ranked Tier 3  GPA 75/25: 3.72/3.18 LSAT  75/25: 155/148
1st time bar passage: 81%   Employment Rate 90% with 2% unemployed seeking employment
23% employed in business

My gut tells me to go to the higher ranked school (Nebraksa). But, which is more important passing the bar on the 1st try or being employed? I want to say being employed, plus I want to work in business (Creighton has larger % employed in that sector). Creighton has a great reputaion in this area. Also one more thing: cost at Creighton $22,000/year cost at Nebraska $14,000/year.

What does eveyone else think? Please hep me decide.

S.J.

• Sr. Citizen
  • That which does not kill us, makes us stronger
    • View Profile
Re: Where would you go?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 07:05:32 PM »
Private schools fudge their numbers more than public schools when it comes to jobs. (Public schools, by law, have to report more accurate figures.)  Based on that, and the higher cost of Creighton, I'd go with Nebraska. 

Students also seem a tad brighter at Nebraska, which can cut both ways.  But I would think Nebraska would therefore have a stronger rep. 

However, it's also important to be happy where you are.  I took time off between college and law school so I wouldn't be sick of the same town.

Maybe you could play the schools off each other for scholarship money.
T25 or bust