Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Would 28 be a bit old to start law school?  (Read 4060 times)

vette

• AOL Instant Messenger - Zonearea51
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Would 28 be a bit old to start law school?
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2004, 05:12:40 PM »
Heck no...... 28 isnt old at all.  You'd be surprised at the number of people in early 30's who are starting LS.  You are not old in your 30's!!!. haha

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2004, 05:24:01 PM »
if you have to ask, maybe you're too young.

emsimpson

• View Profile
    • WEBoggle!
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2004, 05:35:54 PM »
That is still young.  I'll be 36 when I start law school.

Ditto.  When I went to check out Baylor, I asked a Professor what effect my age would have on my chances (this is before I took the LSAT).  He said it made little difference, and might be slightly positive.  He also told me they've had a student in his 70s :o.

mhgarrtt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2004, 05:40:05 PM »

I certainly hope not LOL!! Seriously, I'll be 34 when I start and I don't feel old, only blessed to have experienced some "life." I am so much more sure that this is what I am meant to do, kwim??? And I have heard from admissions staff that they are really starting to look for the 30+ crowd in the selection process! (Hey.......maybe you're not old enough! ;D )
~MITZI

UMHBmom

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2004, 06:12:33 PM »
I'll turn 34 right after I start my first classes. To me, 28 might be too YOUNG! It would have been for me, anyway. I was not the person then that I am now. But I'm pretty immature anyway.  ;D Thank gosh for my Korean genetics... not looking my age means I don't have to act my age! You know when you're really "old"? When you see a kid at the mall and you want to a.) pull up his pants, and b.) cut his hair. THEN you're old.  ;)

chipmonkee

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2004, 06:18:30 PM »
No way!  If I get in this year, I'll be...(okay, I've lied about my age so much it's hard to remember)...30.  I think the knowledge that I've gained through my life experience, my work experience, and my 2 university degrees will enhance my legal education.  Too old?  Never!

WitterUin4

• Sr. Citizen
  • How I thought of ad comms
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2004, 08:49:07 PM »
I'll be turning 39 the first week of LS, depending on where I go. I don't feel too old. I don't feel self-conscious. I just feel like I wanna be a lawyer. 
I'm at 1L at CU Boulder

withj

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2004, 09:19:40 PM »
If everything goes according to plan, I'll be 40-year-old 1L in a couple of years. So, 28 ~better~ not be too old.

My first post on this board a few weeks ago addressed this issue. I need to wrap up undergrad requirements, but, in response to that earlier post, someone informed me that some schools don't require a 4-year degree. I'll be mulling my options in these weeks ahead of the February test. How I do on the real thing will go a long way toward making up my mind.

Jumboshrimps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2004, 09:56:05 PM »
I'll be 28. I'm a little pissed that you even asked this question. OK. I'm over it.

midlife catharsis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2004, 09:59:17 PM »
According to Donald Trump, yes.

According to me, no.