Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at Illinois  (Read 2908 times)

dr_draino

Re: In at Illinois
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2004, 09:43:30 PM »
Recall that Illinois is accepting a much smaller class size this year due to over-enrollment last year.  Could be that it becomes extremely competitive, who knows?

But if we're gonna talk tact, I'd say being an ass while on a campus visit where the school is going out of their way to accomidate you is a quick way to get them to turn their head to someone else with equally impressive numbers.

uponcripplecreek

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2004, 09:50:35 PM »
I have 2 years of management experience at a Down Jones 30 company and a 4.00 GPA (finance) and am at their Median LSAT, but thanks for the condolances... I guess.  Here's $5, go buy some tact.

HTH

Not to be a male private part about a possible typo, but I see something in here which may be symbolic of why you were rejected. 

LSATGuru

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2004, 01:29:13 AM »
Yes, accommodate, too.  I'd recommend an Oxford dictionary before entering law school. 

HTH

Recall that Illinois is accepting a much smaller class size this year due to over-enrollment last year.  Could be that it becomes extremely competitive, who knows?

But if we're gonna talk tact, I'd say being an ass while on a campus visit where the school is going out of their way to accomidate you is a quick way to get them to turn their head to someone else with equally impressive numbers.

tinkerschance

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2004, 03:58:21 PM »
Sorry Libertad, but you do have a lot of choices and it didn't sound like you wanted to go to Illinois anyway.  I am sure that you will enjoy graduating from Baylor with no debt.

Has anyone else heard from Illinois?  I have heard from a couple of people that they offer scholarships right away, they did to me.  The other schools haven't done that.  Any ideas?

louieleftwing

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2004, 07:23:03 PM »
I got the packet (big envelope) in the mail today with my acceptance to UIUC. I'm out-of-state, 2.76, 166, sent in beginning of Oct., complete in late Oct. The offer was for $10,000 per year. No phone call, though.

I had this school pegged as a school in my range, so to get an acceptance this quickly with that money shows respect. Of course I'll still make a rational decision, but this is a fine offer.

I still have to look at the materials, but did you guys see what the conditions were on keeping the scholarship? I didn't see at quick glance.

tinkerschance

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2004, 07:29:39 PM »
Congrats.  He told me that I had to maintain a 2.0 GPA.  I assume that it is the same for everyone.