Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Question about undergrad GPA after graduation.  (Read 777 times)

twelvehundred

Question about undergrad GPA after graduation.
« on: December 10, 2004, 12:05:20 PM »
I graduate in April and will have earned a BS.  If I do not get into law school this year, I may take courses at a local community college to keep my study/writing skills up.  If I earn grades from this school (same school I went to prior to a University) they will be combined with my old transcripts.  When I resend the information to LSAC, will they differentiate between what was earned before and after I graduated?

TIA

HankieB

Re: Question about undergrad GPA after graduation.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 02:37:09 PM »
I did post-graduate work (did not receive a degree) at the same school from which I received my UG degree.  Once you actually graduate, no more grades are included in your LSAC GPA calculation, regardless of what sort of institution you attended. 

On my academic summary report, there are separate lines for the same school in the "Institutions Attended" (all info came on one single transcript from the school).  It is listed with a "G" for post-graduate work, even though some of the courses I took were UG level classes.

Also, I took a course at a community college after graduating, and that too is listed as "G" for graduate work.

twelvehundred

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 04:06:44 PM »
Damn...  They know just by the dates?  What about students that graduate in the Spring but have to take classes over the summer to complete their degree?

I was hoping to give my UG GPA a little boost.  ;-)

twelvehundred

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 04:16:49 PM »
Damn...  They know just by the dates?  What about students that graduate in the Spring but have to take classes over the summer to complete their degree?

I was hoping to give my UG GPA a little boost.  ;-)

twelvehundred

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 04:20:40 PM »
Damn...  They know just by the dates?  What about students that graduate in the Spring but have to take classes over the summer to complete their degree?

I was hoping to give my UG GPA a little boost.  ;-)

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2004, 11:52:44 AM »
I think that for students that graduate in the spring are technically not yet graduating, they are really only "walking"- so their transcripts won't show "degree" until after the summer classes are required