Law School Discussion

In at NOWHERE!!!

Re: In at NOWHERE!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2004, 08:36:09 AM »
I'm part of the club, too.  A couple of my schools made it even worse by sending me emails on Friday promising to make a decision shortly...and I'm 2,000 miles away from my mailbox.    I just want one acceptance so that, when asked what I'm doing next year, I can say "I'm going to law school" without adding "or working at Target."

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2004, 08:48:14 AM »
I'm part of the club, too.  A couple of my schools made it even worse by sending me emails on Friday promising to make a decision shortly...and I'm 2,000 miles away from my mailbox.    I just want one acceptance so that, when asked what I'm doing next year, I can say "I'm going to law school" without adding "or working at Target."

Zackly...  The first one makes it real.  I can't wait.

legalkitty

• The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2004, 08:53:07 AM »
Ugh, and I didn't take the October LSAT (I took it in June) because of a death in the family and I emailed Widener about it about six weeks ago. Well, I didn't want to annoy them into a rejection so I didn't follow up (they seemed to get my other emails in the past), but today I decided to follow up since I hadn't heard anything. Well, they say they didn't get the email, but they apologized left and right and then I forwarded them a copy of my email I sent six weeks ago.

Anyway, I am hoping that their little screw-up will award me some leverage in the admissions process, since they were very nice and apologetic.

God, this all sucks!! :P

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2004, 08:56:52 AM »

Tom Petty was right... The Waiting is the Hardest Part.

Bearizzzle

• Heading to Columbia in August!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2004, 12:42:19 PM »
THalky!! I want you to hear soon! What is wrong with law schools???

Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2004, 12:48:26 PM »
I'm still waiting too, and it's drivin' me nuts!!  I thought I had applied early (all my apps were in by very early November), but freakin' LSAC took forever to process my transcript so the schools didn't get my reports until late November/early Dec...so I feel like I should know by now since I was done with my part so long ago! :)  (Too bad it doesn't work that way.)  At least let me hear from, like, Catholic, the only one of my schools to have already admitted people with index #'s below mine...

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2004, 12:53:52 PM »
THalky!! I want you to hear soon! What is wrong with law schools???

They're on drugs ;)

Thanks for the well wishing :)

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2004, 02:05:49 AM »
Ugh, and I didn't take the October LSAT (I took it in June) because of a death in the family and I emailed Widener about it about six weeks ago. Well, I didn't want to annoy them into a rejection so I didn't follow up (they seemed to get my other emails in the past), but today I decided to follow up since I hadn't heard anything. Well, they say they didn't get the email, but they apologized left and right and then I forwarded them a copy of my email I sent six weeks ago.

Anyway, I am hoping that their little screw-up will award me some leverage in the admissions process, since they were very nice and apologetic.

Widener is one of my safeties, and I'd be happy to go.  A poster in here recently got a full tuition scholarship offer and had a 152 LSAT, which is lower than mine.  I'd like to get accepted so I know I can say "I'm going to law school!"  Further, the place is only 20 miles from my house and 10 minutes from my girlfriend's house -- it has its attractive points to me.

sigh.

Kev,
  Could you PM me, or post a thread, with some info on Widener?  I'm curious about what their campus is like, what the area is like, etc.  The ranking is a bit low for my tastes, but I am beginning to realize that it is because they specialize so much in the corporate areas of law.  That is my main focus, so it might be advantageous for me to attend.

Sorry to distract this thread, folks.

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2005, 01:26:50 PM »
I'm still there, nowhere, that is, so I thought I'd revive this post.

I keep checking the boards and my email and LSN and my answering machine.  Nothing.  I know I might not hear anything for a few months and I figure all I can do at this point is drink more.

Anyone still with me?

midjeep

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2005, 01:30:20 PM »
I'm still there, nowhere, that is, so I thought I'd revive this post.

I keep checking the boards and my email and LSN and my answering machine.  Nothing.  I know I might not hear anything for a few months and I figure all I can do at this point is drink more.

Anyone still with me?

I'm not a drinker, but I am still not in anywhere.