Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone else who applied to Pitt NOT hear back yet?  (Read 562 times)

steelcity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Anyone else who applied to Pitt NOT hear back yet?
« on: December 10, 2004, 11:07:24 AM »
and does the fact that people who applied after me got in already mean I'm screwed?  Thanks.

Boston7

• View Profile
Re: Anyone else who applied to Pitt NOT hear back yet?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 12:27:38 PM »
No, you're not the only one, although I didn't apply until 11/29.  (3.03/161)  I called yesterday, and they said that my app. had just gone into adcomm and that I should hear soon.  "Soon" is definitely not soon enough. 

It is good to hear that someone who went to Pitt undergrad had such a good experience that they would want to go to law school there.  I am very interested in the school, and I like Pittsburgh a lot, but it would be a big move for my wife and I, so I want to get as much anecdotal info as I can.

Is there a sense that a Pitt law degree is viewed favorably in Philadelphia, as well as in Pittsburgh? (How far-reaching is the rep?)   

steelcity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else who applied to Pitt NOT hear back yet?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 12:36:10 PM »
Boston,

It seems like everyone who calls gets that same response about just going to Adcom. 

Is there a sense that a Pitt law degree is viewed favorably in Philadelphia, as well as in Pittsburgh? (How far-reaching is the rep?) 

I imagine it's about what your class ranking was when you graduate.  I'm sure it travels to Philly but Philly also has Penn, Villanova, Temple, Rutgers-Camden to pull from.  It definately is held in high regard in Pittsburgh as Duquesne is the only other school in the area.