Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted at PENN!  (Read 3623 times)

lawyerboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Accepted at PENN!
« on: December 09, 2004, 10:16:55 PM »
Got the call tonight from Derek Meeker. He said that the letter will be sent in a week or two, and then a big packet of info around January. A very nice phone call indeed.

I'm going to the bar right now instead of studying for finals.

Also got into Temple today.

3.9ish/170ish (approximate numbers).

sushi

• View Profile
Re: Accepted at PENN!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 10:23:46 PM »
Drinks are definitely in order for an occasion like this...congratulations...I'm still waiting on mine...
Best of luck to everyone!!
Accepted: Duke
Pending: USC, UCLA, Georgetown, Boalt, Harvard, Columbia, NYU, Northwestern, Stanford, UPenn, UVA

uponcripplecreek

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 10:43:05 PM »
Congrats on both acceptances!

When did you go complete at Temple? I didn't expect them to have any decisions out before New Years...

jg049457

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 06:09:18 AM »
Hey congrats! I still haven't gotten a penn phone call, but I haven't gotten a deferred email either. ah well. que sera sera!

but let's focus on the temple accept for a moment. Was it email or snail mail? What date did you apply? Cause I'm waiting on that one too!

lawyerboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 08:01:16 AM »
The temple letter came in a small envelope and was only one page. It said more information would come later. I was complete around the end of October.

Bearizzzle

• Sr. Citizen
  • Heading to Columbia in August!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 08:39:12 AM »
Congrats! You must be the first acceptee of the year...(or at least on LSD!!) How cool!
Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious!

PsychJK

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004, 09:35:42 AM »
Congratulations, Lawyerboy! :o
Accepted: GULC, Duke, USC, NYU, UPenn, UVA, UMich, Cornell, Notre Dame, Vandy, UChicago
Pending:Columbia
Deferred: HLS

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=PsychJK

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2004, 11:52:11 AM »

I love that footnote on the heels of your 3.9/170s Penn acceptance.  It sounds like you have a pretty tough choice.  I recommend Temple.  As a matter of fact, as someone applying to Penn, I recommend that EVERYONE accepted at Penn choose Temple. :)

lawyerboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2004, 02:39:58 PM »
Thanks for the kind words. I'm definitely excited. I had seen a few posts on Wednesday night from two people who said they got calls from Derek Meeker, and I guess that myself and a few others got called last night. All of the calls, from what I've heard, have been after 5:00. I suppose that after business hours he decides to call a few people before he goes home. It seems like it will take a long time to call all the acceptees this way, however. I'm curious to know how many EA applications they received (there were reports of an increase in 77%).

I love that footnote on the heels of your 3.9/170s Penn acceptance. It sounds like you have a pretty tough choice. I recommend Temple. As a matter of fact, as someone applying to Penn, I recommend that EVERYONE accepted at Penn choose Temple. :)

If Temple threw me suitcases full of money to go there, and Penn and other schools that I applied to would not, I would consider going to Temple. But I suppose that decision will have to wait quite a while...

buster

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2004, 03:04:28 PM »
congratulations lawyerboy!  :)