Law School Discussion

Accepted at PENN!

Accepted at PENN!
« on: December 09, 2004, 08:16:55 PM »
Got the call tonight from Derek Meeker. He said that the letter will be sent in a week or two, and then a big packet of info around January. A very nice phone call indeed.

I'm going to the bar right now instead of studying for finals.

Also got into Temple today.

3.9ish/170ish (approximate numbers).

Re: Accepted at PENN!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 08:23:46 PM »
Drinks are definitely in order for an occasion like this...congratulations...I'm still waiting on mine...

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 08:43:05 PM »
Congrats on both acceptances!

When did you go complete at Temple? I didn't expect them to have any decisions out before New Years...

jg049457

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 04:09:18 AM »
Hey congrats! I still haven't gotten a penn phone call, but I haven't gotten a deferred email either. ah well. que sera sera!

but let's focus on the temple accept for a moment. Was it email or snail mail? What date did you apply? Cause I'm waiting on that one too!

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 06:01:16 AM »
The temple letter came in a small envelope and was only one page. It said more information would come later. I was complete around the end of October.

Bearizzzle

• Heading to Columbia in August!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 06:39:12 AM »
Congrats! You must be the first acceptee of the year...(or at least on LSD!!) How cool!

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004, 07:35:42 AM »
Congratulations, Lawyerboy! :o

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2004, 09:52:11 AM »

I love that footnote on the heels of your 3.9/170s Penn acceptance.  It sounds like you have a pretty tough choice.  I recommend Temple.  As a matter of fact, as someone applying to Penn, I recommend that EVERYONE accepted at Penn choose Temple. :)

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2004, 12:39:58 PM »
Thanks for the kind words. I'm definitely excited. I had seen a few posts on Wednesday night from two people who said they got calls from Derek Meeker, and I guess that myself and a few others got called last night. All of the calls, from what I've heard, have been after 5:00. I suppose that after business hours he decides to call a few people before he goes home. It seems like it will take a long time to call all the acceptees this way, however. I'm curious to know how many EA applications they received (there were reports of an increase in 77%).

I love that footnote on the heels of your 3.9/170s Penn acceptance. It sounds like you have a pretty tough choice. I recommend Temple. As a matter of fact, as someone applying to Penn, I recommend that EVERYONE accepted at Penn choose Temple. :)

If Temple threw me suitcases full of money to go there, and Penn and other schools that I applied to would not, I would consider going to Temple. But I suppose that decision will have to wait quite a while...

buster

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2004, 01:04:28 PM »
congratulations lawyerboy!  :)