Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

How much would you pay to know your admissions decisions NOW?

>$5000
 1 (2%)
>$1000
 4 (7.8%)
>$500
 7 (13.7%)
>$100
 21 (41.2%)
>$50
 5 (9.8%)
Nada
 13 (25.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: How much would you pay to know your admissions decisions NOW?  (Read 2408 times)

laur0212

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L, yay!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Laur0212
    • View Profile
Re: How much would you pay to know your admissions decisions NOW?
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2004, 11:28:30 PM »
I voted for >$100 b/c I can make at least that much in one shift at work. I can't say I'd be willing to pay more because although I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanna know, the answer is eventually going to come for free (unless you count the app fees, but I guess you probably can't do that).  I'd definitely shell out $100 or less though to find out right this second.

amelus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2004, 11:34:37 PM »
not a dime if the money is going to lsac or any law school.  just for "the opportunity" to pay $150k for tuition and expenses for law school, i've given them waaay too much money already.

laur0212

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L, yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2004, 11:46:25 PM »
Dude, who cast that vote saying that they'd pay >$5000?  I hope its a lot less.  You're gonna find out for free eventually!

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2004, 01:16:52 AM »
I'd pay $50. That's almost an entire day of work's pay for me (after taxes LOL). Maybe even more. I really just want to know about my CA schools so that I can start planning. The scholarship potential too. If I knew about scholarships, I could be a lot more relaxed in Belize next week. As it stands, I'm thinking: Hmm, maybe we don't need to snorkel, swim with the sharks or parasail. It's only Belize. I can save the money for LS!

omg, you NEED to swim with the sharks!  they're so cool!  the guides dive down with your underwater camera and take pictures of you holding the sharks and rays.  BEST shore excursion.  are you going on a cruise, or just to belize?  we did a western caribbean cruise that included belize, and after the swim in shark ray alley, we went to san pedro (of madonna's "isla bonita" fame), where you can rent golf carts from this one resort and drive them through the roads into town.

funniest moment that day: in the golf cart, driving through the residential streets, past a little shack-looking house with laundry hanging out to dry in the backyard, we heard the distinct sound of john madden's voice coming from a playstation inside the shacky house!   :D
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

liberty shark

• Sr. Citizen
  • awesome.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - libertyshark
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2004, 02:00:09 AM »
i would sell my soul to a televangelist to know.
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=libertyshark

They deal with morals as with mathematics;
and they think what is right may be
distinguished from what is wrong with the
precision of an algebraic equation.

-Daniel Webster

buster

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2004, 08:41:42 AM »
I would beat up ReindeerS and add his $499 to the $500 I'm willing to pay.

attu

• View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2004, 09:48:31 PM »
i would sell myself on the street to make the $500+ i'm willing to pay.

i'm totally stressin' about all this.  i know it's absurd (there's nothing i can do now), but it's killing me.  :-[

laur0212

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L, yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2004, 10:00:39 PM »
While I wouldn't say I'm stressing about it, I am supremely anxious to find out who's gonna accept me.  I really hope that my first decision letter isn't a rejection.  That would totally kill my day/week/month.  Okay, probably not my month, unless all I get for a month is rejections.  Forget it.  I don't want to know anymore.  Now I'm stressing.

NontradMike

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2004, 10:44:21 PM »
Ugh...  tough question.  I only applied to Cornell, Penn and Harvard, so jeez...  it'd be nice to know now so that in case I get dinged by all three I can start sending out my second round of apps - Boalt, Stanford, Yale, Vermont (safety)...

But between Kaplan, applications, LSAC and law school books, I'll have given law school(s) and the surrounding cottage industries enough money without paying any more.  Let's all jsut say a little prayer that one of my first three let me in...

3.13/170 Non-trad (36 y/o), good luck to all (but please don't take my space)
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=anyhoo

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2004, 01:12:38 AM »
Ugh...  tough question.  I only applied to Cornell, Penn and Harvard, so jeez...  it'd be nice to know now so that in case I get dinged by all three I can start sending out my second round of apps - Boalt, Stanford, Yale, Vermont (safety)...

i find it amusing that if you get dinged by harvard and penn, round two would include yale and stanford.   :D  it makes sense to me; i think of S and Y as being two of the schools that *really* look beyond the numbers at people's stories, and you say you're nontrad.  but they're still two of the most selective schools.  so it's still funny :)  why aren't you applying to all 6-7 schools all at once, since they're on rolling admissions?  anyhoo, good luck!  hope you get in somewhere great :)
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?