Law School Discussion

Rutgers: Camden vs. Newark?

SleepyGuyYawn

Re: Rutgers: Camden vs. Newark?
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2004, 11:14:21 PM »
You have every right to defend yourself Laur --- DRJJ was way out of line.

DRJJ1

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2004, 03:16:01 PM »
CAMDEN kids go on cruises lol,,,,when you get a real job  don t live off your parents  pay your own bills then we will talk  until then,,,keep studying cause your only way out is law or just marry a lawyer

bhvexille

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2004, 03:20:48 PM »
CAMDEN kids go on cruises lol,,,,when you get a real job  don t live off your parents  pay your own bills then we will talk  until then,,,keep studying cause your only way out is law or just marry a lawyer
What are you talking about?

laur0212

• 3L, yay!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Laur0212
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2004, 06:09:48 PM »
thanks to everyone who has been defending me to the cretin. 

and, as a side note to this truly mature conversation we've been having, i got an email today from Rutgers-Newark telling me that I've been accepted.  So yay!  Now I don't have to go to Quinnipiac. 

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2004, 07:42:27 PM »
All I know about Rutgers is that my mom's friend from college went to law school there.  Like my mom, she got a B.A. in English and taught high school students.  But then she went back to get her law degree and now she works for the attorney general's office.  Her experience is the only impression my mother has of the legal profession.  Since she went to a second tier school and decided to work for the government, it's not surprising that she now makes less money than she did as an English teacher.  Over Thanksgiving dinner, my concerned mother matter-of-factly informed me that, should I attend law school, I would be stuck with that debt my entire life because every lawyer makes less than a public school teacher.  I tried explaining the difference in average starting salaries between tier 1 and tier 2 schools, and between private practice and the government, but it was to no avail. 

Moral of the story - When you graduate from Rutgers, don't work for the attorney general's office.

bhvexille

« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2004, 07:49:11 PM »
It's kind of funny because I want to go work in the OGC in the CIA right after school (and hopefully during my 2L summer as well).. but it only pays like 60k and I will have about 150k in debt

But anyways, more on topic on rutgers.. I don't think I would be too concerned with the campus because if you have a car, philly and upenn are like 10-15 minutes away.. and camden isn't that bad that you can't drive through it.

On another note.. if you're a "URM" in the legal field, rutgers camden is part of a racist program in philly that gives 1Ls (paid I think?) clerkships in law firms and in the legal departments of companies in philly.. this is a big thing because it can really help your resume, and most people have trouble finding paid legal work during that first summer

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2004, 08:10:06 PM »
Laur,

Congrats on the admission to Rut Newark! 

laur0212

• 3L, yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2004, 09:38:57 AM »
Thanks guys!

laur0212

• 3L, yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2004, 12:39:04 PM »
Thanks guys!

What's your top choice?

ASU...I need to get out of this cold weather.  Me like warm.

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2004, 03:37:56 PM »
God, ain't that the truth!  I'm seriously considering Miami even if I get into schools that are ranked a lot better. 

Me need warm too.