Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GMU Deferral?  (Read 711 times)

pepem

GMU Deferral?
« on: December 09, 2004, 06:11:27 PM »
I got a postcard from GMU today which says the following:

"Your application is complete and in our review process.  Due to the volume of applications we are reeiving, we do not expect to have a decision for you prior to February 15, 2005.

We appreciate your interest in George Mason and your patience throughout this process.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!"

I guess in light of the acceptances they've been sending out, I should consider this a deferral.  Anyone else get one?  Thoughts?

Ona more positive note, I got accepted to Quinnipiac, So I'm in at one school, anyway.

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
Re: GMU Deferral?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 06:13:44 PM »
My letter said eight weeks, but it took closer to two. They probably tell everybody it'll be a long wait; it's standard business practice to lower deadline expectations. I'd say you're reading too much into the postcard.
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

Gummo

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 06:41:38 PM »
I think it's basically a mini-deferral.  I asked about decisions on the GMU message board and Anne Richards said they were sending postcards to applicants who weren't likely to hear back until Feb. or later.

The complete email that says 8-10 weeks is what they sent everyone who applied.

I'll probably get one of these postcards, too...did you apply pt or ft?

pepem

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 08:47:28 PM »
I think it's basically a mini-deferral.  I asked about decisions on the GMU message board and Anne Richards said they were sending postcards to applicants who weren't likely to hear back until Feb. or later.

Yeah that makes sense since i got the 'Complete' email on 11/15, I think the postcard definietly means they did something else with my app.  As long as it isn't in the 'deny' pile, i'll be happy.

I applied to both PT and FT.

Gummo

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 09:44:33 PM »

Yeah that makes sense since i got the 'Complete' email on 11/15, I think the postcard definietly means they did something else with my app.  As long as it isn't in the 'deny' pile, i'll be happy.

I applied to both PT and FT.

yeah, waiting sucks, but it's better than a rejection letter a couple weeks before christmas.

http://www.masonlaw.org/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000055;p=1#000001