Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Wake!!!!  (Read 2203 times)

BIG H2001

Re: Wake!!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2004, 07:29:50 PM »
Awesome - when did you apply?

Fred Hits

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2004, 08:08:17 PM »
a little info on wake

i was VERY strongly considering applying there until i visited.  while the classes were really small which was awsome, and the campus was beautiful the sole reason i didnt apply was jobs.  i figured i could go there and get a decent job in dc but it seems that isnt the case.  from talkign to a few people and readin gover their career info it is actually very difficult to get a job north of north carolina.  i was very dissapointed as i really don't want to end up working in georgia but the school itself was really nice.

Fred Hits

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2004, 08:14:16 PM »
oh and CONGRATULATIONS! 

sarona

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/166
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2004, 08:32:44 PM »
i go to wake undergrad, and yeah, it's pretty true that we aren't well respected outside the south.

which is ridiculous. we are now ranked 27th in the nation (undergrad) - which is HIGHER than unc. we have one of the nation's highest ranked basketball teams, national champions in baseball and field hockey among other things.  and WE WORK HARD. you will hear it called work forest more than once.

however, it is starting to gain more momentum and people are hearing about both the law school and the undergrad more (evidenced by our jump up in the rankings in recent times). 

don't necessarily put it out of your mind just because it's in the south with a little bit lesser rep - we're getting there! :)

birdysails

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2004, 08:44:49 PM »
Me too -- 163/3.6  Yay!
Going to William & Mary!

kristay

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2004, 09:03:04 PM »
Sketch, aren't you supposed to be out getting drunk by now?

Congrats to birdysails as well! :)

BIG H2001

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2004, 09:06:58 PM »
i go to wake undergrad, and yeah, it's pretty true that we aren't well respected outside the south.

which is ridiculous. we are now ranked 27th in the nation (undergrad) - which is HIGHER than unc. we have one of the nation's highest ranked basketball teams, national champions in baseball and field hockey among other things.  and WE WORK HARD. you will hear it called work forest more than once.

however, it is starting to gain more momentum and people are hearing about both the law school and the undergrad more (evidenced by our jump up in the rankings in recent times). 

don't necessarily put it out of your mind just because it's in the south with a little bit lesser rep - we're getting there! :)

I still believe we have the better basketball team and the higher ranked law school. But that's ok, I would be more than happy to go to wake next year.

ClaudiaM85

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2004, 09:54:35 PM »
What's the town of Winston-Salem like? all farmers?
Law school is overrated

BIG H2001

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2004, 09:56:31 PM »
What's the town of Winston-Salem like? all farmers?

No, it's not rural at all.  Some of the surrounding areas are rural, but W-S is actually a pretty cosmopolitan place (by North Carolina standards anyway).

kristay

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2004, 10:21:14 PM »
I am just drinking tomorrow starting when I wake up.

A beer in the shower is how to start the day off right

Hehe...makes me think of DDD birthdays...mimosas in the shower!