Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Okay to use LORs on LSAC file from last year..  (Read 404 times)

Invictus

• View Profile
Okay to use LORs on LSAC file from last year..
« on: December 09, 2004, 03:18:13 PM »
Hey,

I was wondering if it's okay to use the LORs from my undergrad professors that were written last year but are still on my LSAC file...i don't think they'd write anything different this year..wat do u guys think? should i ask for fresh recs or go with the old ones?

NothingSpecial

Re: Okay to use LORs on LSAC file from last year..
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 08:17:02 PM »
Go ahead and use them. Just out of respect for the writers, let them know you are using them this year as well.  In case they get a call or something.  Most likely they will be happy you're not asking them to rewrite.

eeniemeeniemineymoe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 03:41:53 AM »
go ahead and use them.  i know someone who did.  no harm was done unto them. 

(but are you addressing what you did in the year between though?  if not in a PS, then maybe a short addendum is warranted.)
Going from mush to meringue...

mazzy

• Sr. Citizen
  • I dont trust molecules.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - foolinevery1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 04:15:45 AM »
i am not applying until fall of 06 and plan to get LORs as i go. im am going to ask my boss to write me one over the summer and at the end of next semester, provided i do will in his next class, i am going to ask a professor i had this last semester to write me one. and in between now and 06 i will work on getting another prof LOR. i figure that way i will have everything i need to do my apps early when the time comes. i think it will just look like i was preparing for LS app process.
gpa: 3.6 (recalculated) 3.96 (degree granting university)

natural selection, it's only natural