Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at BYU  (Read 1031 times)

sordomudo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
In at BYU
« on: December 09, 2004, 02:56:06 PM »
Highly doubt I'll be matriculating, but here's the email.  Feels good either way!

Dear Chris,

Congratulations!  On behalf of the Law School administration and faculty, it is our privilege to invite you to become a member of the 2005-2006 entering class of the J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University. Although the vast majority of our decisions will be made in January and February of 2005, you are one of a select few that the Faculty Committee on Admissions has determined merits this early offer of admission. In reaching this decision, the committee wishes to commend you for your academic excellence and preparation. An official letter of acceptance will be sent to you shortly.

We extend our warmest wishes for your holiday season and look forward to our continued association with you.

Sincerely,

Carl Hernandez
Assistant Dean

GaeLynn Kuchar
Admissions Director

:) At least someone wants me.

jaxon

Re: In at BYU
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 03:03:18 PM »
congrats... but im sure you will do much better with those #s...  do BYU 1Ls still have mandatory pubic hair shavings?

DC Duck

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 03:07:11 PM »
Bien Hecho! Aun si no lo acepta, es seguro que una carta asi le hace sentir muy feliz!
Que las otras cartas que vienen a su casa tienen la misma felicidad es la esperanza de este...uh...este...pavo?no...that's turkey...how do you say duck again?  Anyway, congrats!

sordomudo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 03:11:12 PM »
do BYU 1Ls still have mandatory pubic hair shavings?
Just mandatory FACIAL hair shavings ;) and the other honor code stuff: no alcohol, smoking, premarital sex, etc.

Bien Hecho! Aun si no lo acepta, es seguro que una carta asi le hace sentir muy feliz!
Que las otras cartas que vienen a su casa tienen la misma felicidad es la esperanza de este...uh...este...pavo?no...that's turkey...how do you say duck again?

Gracias. El hecho de felicitarme en otro idioma me agrada bastante. Y la palabra en espanol para "duck" es "pato". Casi lo recordabas.

DC Duck

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 03:17:48 PM »
Pato!  se me olvido!  Muchas Gracias!

waxman

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.54 / 160
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 03:18:29 PM »
Congrats!
Accepted: Franklin Pierce, Hamline, Idaho, Kansas, Nebraska, Pace, St. Louis, Valpo, Vermont
Rejected: GULC,GW