Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Some of my reports haven't been requested, should I contact them?  (Read 398 times)

Byronic Hero

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I applied to ten schools, eight of which have requested my reports.  The other two have yet to request them.  I sent them November 29th.  How long should I wait before I contact them?
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=ByronicHero

In:  Ohio State, Cincinnati, Kentucky, Louisville, Capital, UNLV and Oklahoma.
Out: W&L
Waitlisted: IU-Bloomington, Utah, W&M
Pending:  Case Western

waxman

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.54 / 160
    • View Profile
Re: Some of my reports haven't been requested, should I contact them?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 02:29:28 PM »
Just be patient. Some schools are very slow.
Accepted: Franklin Pierce, Hamline, Idaho, Kansas, Nebraska, Pace, St. Louis, Valpo, Vermont
Rejected: GULC,GW

cali444

• Sr. Citizen
  • I, sir, am a lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 02:58:35 PM »
I'm in the same boat.  I applied Nov. 21 and 2 of my schools haven't even requested the reports yet.  One fo the schools is NYU, which has already accepted a bunch of people!  Since it's been 2.5 weeks, should I call?

mfitz

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/158
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MEFter0913
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 03:30:32 PM »
I'd give it 3 weeks, just depending on how long other people say it has taken the school to request their reports.

They are pretty busy now, and keep in mind the holidays when laying out your "calll by" deadlines.  Universities get a pretty long time for Thansgiving and Christmas.
Accepts: Akron, Washburn, Hamline, Valpo, Mercer, Baylor (Sum), Arkansas, Ohio Northern, Tennessee,  Ave Maria, U of St. Thomas, St. Louis, S Carolina, Hofstra, U Florida.
Rejects: George Mason, UGA (blah).

I'm going to Tennessee!!!!!!

AubZamZam

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 08:19:41 PM »
It's true some schools are slow but NYU requested my report the day after I transmitted (Dec 1st I think).  You may want to call if you don't hear soon.

GoingtoLS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 09:05:25 PM »
I would give it a little time. Some schools take longer than others. I had a couple schools that waited a while. In both cases, when the wait was about 4 weeks, I sent a short/polite email just asking what their policy was, so that I would know if it was out of the ordianary. And both reports were requested in the following week. The short email asking about their policy was a subtle way of saying, "Maybe you forgot to request it," without risking annnoying them.

nika22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 09:08:27 PM »
i sent all mine out first week of november, priority mail with confirmation signature...

and 3 schools have yet to request

i'll wait until shortly before christmas before contacting them (i read somewhere on lsd that certain schools only request applications on certain days, once a week, once a month, etc- don't know if this true, but good enough for me)