Law School Discussion

What was your initial score on LSAT?

jbshane

Re: What was your initial score on LSAT?
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2004, 01:23:51 PM »
In terms of seeing results, my second round of studying started to net results almost immediately.  The first time around involved much slower progress.

daynee

• 2.84/162 University of Richmond 1L - FINALLY!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2004, 01:40:24 PM »
When I first started studying, I was scoring in the low 150's.  I bought both Official LSAT Preptest books, plus the three most recent tests from the LSAC site.  I got some prep books to help me tackle the logic section (also my albatross), but never used the sample tests in the prep books - just used them for strategy.  After I got my strategy down, I took 3-4 tests a week under timed conditions.  By the time test day came around, I was consistently scoring between 158 and 161.  My final score was 162. 

cvetok

• LSAT - February/ waiting
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2004, 04:18:53 PM »
Thanks everyone for sharing your scores.. I am actually thinking about changing my test date to October now  ::), since I don't think I would be able to improve my score in 7 weeks. Plus, I am still waiting for all of my LSAT materials to arrive.

kevinc

• GPA: 3.69, LSAT:165
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2004, 09:42:16 AM »
on my first diagnostic test with testmasters, i scored a 150. after studying half-assed for about a month, i raised my score to about a 157 (on another practice diag). i decided upon finishing the course to take the lsat a year later.

the following year, i enrolled into testmasters again. this time, i studied like a madman, raised my score to about a 163/164 (on all of my practice exams), and ended up with a 165 when i took the real thing.

i think if i had studied more, i could've been able to raise my score a bit higher. but, the lsat's done and over with, and i'm satisfied with what i got.

NYBound05

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2004, 07:20:53 PM »
I'm planning on taking a testmasters course this late July/early August for the October exam.  After reading posts here stating that individuals spent 3-4 months studying, as opposed to the 2 months I'll spend studying, I'm a little worried.  I've been told by people who took the course as well as the testmaster representatives that one should not study for the lsat at all prior to taking the exam, and should definetely refrain from looking at any alternate test taking strategies as well.  I originally planned to start studying for the exam this June, but I'm not sure if this will be in my best interest... any advice?? ???

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2004, 07:40:22 PM »
Well, their point is probably they don't want you to get miz up with different company's techniques (ie if you read other prep guides) But I think you could do a few practice tests just to see where you stand...that wouldn't hurt..you'll know which are your major weakness areas and could use testmaster's methods to master those particular questions/sections.