Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What was your initial score on LSAT?  (Read 4701 times)

kevinc

• GPA: 3.69, LSAT:165
    • View Profile
Re: What was your initial score on LSAT?
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2004, 11:42:16 AM »
on my first diagnostic test with testmasters, i scored a 150. after studying half-assed for about a month, i raised my score to about a 157 (on another practice diag). i decided upon finishing the course to take the lsat a year later.

the following year, i enrolled into testmasters again. this time, i studied like a madman, raised my score to about a 163/164 (on all of my practice exams), and ended up with a 165 when i took the real thing.

i think if i had studied more, i could've been able to raise my score a bit higher. but, the lsat's done and over with, and i'm satisfied with what i got.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2004, 11:56:48 AM »
DSONG, how many of those 35 tests did you take all at once and how many did you take in seperate timed sections?

(estimate)

not sure how many in numbers...but here was what i remember doing (im such a dork...i made myself a MS Project project plan for the lsats...hehe).  the last month, i took at least 1 lsat (full duration, no break, including a writing section) every saturday.  then on the last week, i know i took 3 lsats, but at the beginning of the week (i think i did 35-37). 

all the other months before, i split out the full lsats every 2 weeks (i studied about 2-3 months, so probably another 2-4 lsats).  for the first few weeks, i didnt time myself at all.  i measured how long it took me to do the sections.  after i got pretty consistent, i tried shaving off a few minutes here and there until i was below the 35 min mark.  thats how i got the time factor out of the way. 
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

NYBound05

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2004, 09:20:53 PM »
I'm planning on taking a testmasters course this late July/early August for the October exam.  After reading posts here stating that individuals spent 3-4 months studying, as opposed to the 2 months I'll spend studying, I'm a little worried.  I've been told by people who took the course as well as the testmaster representatives that one should not study for the lsat at all prior to taking the exam, and should definetely refrain from looking at any alternate test taking strategies as well.  I originally planned to start studying for the exam this June, but I'm not sure if this will be in my best interest... any advice?? ???

LS2005

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2004, 09:40:22 PM »
Well, their point is probably they don't want you to get miz up with different company's techniques (ie if you read other prep guides) But I think you could do a few practice tests just to see where you stand...that wouldn't hurt..you'll know which are your major weakness areas and could use testmaster's methods to master those particular questions/sections.