Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What was your initial score on LSAT?  (Read 4452 times)

chooster99

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.53 GPA UC Irvine/161 LSAT...headed for Loyola
    • AOL Instant Messenger - chooster99
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What was your initial score on LSAT?
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2004, 11:59:36 AM »
Started: 148
Ended: 161

Took Testmasters. Logic games are the worst.  Once you get them though, they're actually kinda fun. 

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
  • Going to NYU in the fall! 3.99/175
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zp0ps
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2004, 12:36:42 PM »
Wow, thanks!  I feel better now.  Okay, one last question, then I'm going to get fired on my second day using this website - Do you think two months is enough time (for June test) or should I wait until the October test?

Do YOU think 2 months is enough time.  If you use your time well, it is, but if the pending dealine is going to be a big source of stress, then postpone.
www.thedigitalrant.com - A site for discussions on books, movies, video games and other forms of entertainment.  We're just starting out, so stop on by, if you have the chance.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2004, 12:57:24 PM »
Wow, thanks!  I feel better now.  Okay, one last question, then I'm going to get fired on my second day using this website - Do you think two months is enough time (for June test) or should I wait until the October test?

i studied about 3 months including weekends (2-3 hours a day, 8-9 on weekends) with a full time job.  if you dont work and can dedicate yourself to it, take it in june.  its always better to get it over with and decide later if you will still be able to go to law school, take the lsat again, or start learning how to make burritos. 

me, ive graduated to the burrito supreme.
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

M2

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2004, 02:49:42 PM »
LOL, M2, i respect the fact that you are going to be working hard to do your best on the LSAT, but where do you get this 12AM thing from?  It sounds a little deranged to me to be quite honest. and not to mention, why not just go all the way and take it at 3 or 4AM if you really want to torture yourself.  Maybe you could have your wife/girlfriend whip you while you take it to really turn the pressure up a notch.

Im not sure if you are directing these questions only to those who have already taken it....but...

I have been studying for about 4 weeks on a partime basis for two of those weeks. I have taken 5 LSATS and my score has gone from 154 to 161.. In the next weeks before the June LSAT I plan to take 3 practice tests a week and study about 3-4 hours per day. During the last two weeks before the test I may take one test per day, at 12am ... im not sure yet.

that should be 12pm.... ;)

dropsvocean

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2004, 10:20:22 PM »
I started with an 162, ended up with a 151 on the real thing

Meltdown

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2004, 10:35:25 PM »
cvetok, we may disagree on the value of the LSAT, but we agree that the games section is tough. Try the Logic Games Bible. That's the best book I've found for the games section, and I have looked at a lot of books. Good luck.

aladin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2004, 10:42:26 PM »
The games section was the one I scored higher, the Reading Comprehension Section was the nastiest one for me ..

ortsac

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2004, 08:13:05 PM »

You mean you started 151 and got up to 162 on the real thing?  :)

M2

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2004, 08:28:59 PM »

You mean you started 151 and got up to 162 on the real thing?  :)

God I hope thats what was meant...thats my worst nightmare.

jbshane

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2004, 03:22:34 PM »
I started with a 156.  Studied for 2 months in prep for the 12/2001 exam (consistently scoring in the 159-162 range), but changed my test date at the last minute, because I found a job.  Took 3.5 months off, and began studying in mid-March for the June 2002 LSAT.  My first score when I started studying again was a 159.  I worked that up to consistently scoring 165-167.  My actual score was a 164.