Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GPA and Late Drop/Withdrawal - help!  (Read 617 times)

smurf83

• View Profile
GPA and Late Drop/Withdrawal - help!
« on: December 09, 2004, 12:58:34 AM »
Hello,

My school says "DR" for courses dropped late after the 8th week, kind of like withdrawal. Does this count in the gpa?

LSAC is playing mindgames; it says: "grades excluded from conversion: withdraw-only if issuing school considers nonpunitive" then "any grade that signifies failure (no credit, withdraw) even if school considers it nonpunitive".

Does anyone know if dropping classe slate is counted as 0? Anyone have something like this on their transcript?

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
Re: GPA and Late Drop/Withdrawal - help!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 02:34:26 AM »
Hi, 

I don't really know how it's counted on LSAC.  I'm in the same situation where I'll have a "W" on my transcript by the end of the semester.  I was under the impression that it didn't count since no credit was awarded. 
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
Re: GPA and Late Drop/Withdrawal - help!
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 04:07:13 PM »
Hi, 

I don't really know how it's counted on LSAC.  I'm in the same situation where I'll have a "W" on my transcript by the end of the semester.  I was under the impression that it didn't count since no credit was awarded. 

I have a W on my transcript and LSAC did not include it in my GPA. My guess is that as long as your school does not count the class in your GPA (as a fail), then LSAC will not. Of course who knows what LSAC will ever really do.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.