Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waiting list for June LSAT??  (Read 2771 times)

M2

Waiting list for June LSAT??
« on: April 18, 2004, 09:16:08 PM »
OK I feel like a fool...I had several advisers tell me to register "sometime in april when you have the money".

I registed a few minutes ago and Im on a waiting list?!?!?!
It just says my testcenters are full.

it lists my testing center as:TEMPORARY SATURDAY CENTER (9999)

So do they automatically open up other centers or is there a chance i just screwed myself ?

M2

P.S. I live in Manhattan so i would imagine they would have enough?!

dta

Re: Waiting list for June LSAT??
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 09:36:32 PM »
a buddy of mine said his information on LSAC said this as well. Then suddenly, with no prompting from him, he checked the website and it said he was all scheduled to take it at a location on UT campus. strange.

italgirl133

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 04:59:17 PM »
Hey M2,

I live in Brooklyn and I just tried to register as well and got the same waiting list prompt.  I didnt register because its saying that you can be put in a location up to 100 miles within your area.  I really wanted to take the June exam however Im not willing to drive 100 miles...i think its ridiculous and now its throwing off my whole game plan and preparation.  Can you tell me if you heard anything and if they have scheduled you yet?  I checked as far as pennsylvania and NJ and there is nothing.  Thanks.   :'(

hdsteele

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 05:53:10 PM »
I don't know if this helps at all but I believe the June test in Albany is still open.  I know that is a drive but at least you can take it.  Somewhere around 2 1/2 hours from Brooklyn.  It is an afternoon test so you wouldn't have to leave at an early hour.  Have someone drive you and do some logic games in the car to warm up!

M2

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 07:13:53 PM »
The problem is I dont have a car...nor do I know anyone else that has one. Also none of my family live anywhere near here.
So there is really no way i could get to Albany...

Im going to call the LSAC tomorrow and see whats going on...

nathanielmark

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2004, 09:06:15 PM »
The problem is I dont have a car...nor do I know anyone else that has one. Also none of my family live anywhere near here.
So there is really no way i could get to Albany...

Im going to call the LSAC tomorrow and see whats going on...

M2, rent a car if you need to.  do whatever you have to do.  im sure you can find the test administered somewhere.

M2

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2004, 11:46:04 PM »
Did I mention I dont have a license anymore? lol...
I moved to manhattan from Florida and had no need to renew it here (or so i  thought)

anyway...i think if i have to i will take a train to the station and rent a hotel room for the  night before (to get settled)

nathanielmark

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2004, 09:02:37 AM »
definitely a good idea.  just stay at a decent hotel.  i stayed in the red roof inn last time to save money and had to deal with all kinds of ruckus the night before the test.

jgruber

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2004, 01:58:41 PM »
When I took the test in February, there were six of us in an auditorium sized room.

But the test site is a leeeeetle bit out from NYC.  It was at the University of the South in Sewanee, TN.   :D

nathanielmark

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2004, 03:16:59 PM »
When I took the test in February, there were six of us in an auditorium sized room.

But the test site is a leeeeetle bit out from NYC.  It was at the University of the South in Sewanee, TN.   :D

this would be my ideal.  almost makes me want to find some bubbleflock town and go there to take the test.