Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Whine whine where's my letter  (Read 4328 times)

NerdyLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Loser
    • View Profile
Re: Whine whine where's my letter
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2004, 09:06:52 AM »
I would assume from the posts on this board that almost 50% of applicants are still waiting for a response from at least 1 school. I think that with the way competition is this year, you are going to see later notifications. I still haven't heard from half of my schools. The most amazing thing for me was hearing from Hofstra after only a week. I just might have gotten in my app right before a new wave of reviews. It worked well for me but Hofstra was my safety so I'm still sitting tight.
EE at Rutgers - 3.5/164
There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary and those who don't.

PhoenixPSU

• Sr. Citizen
  • Villanova Law, Class of 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2004, 09:30:15 AM »
If you send your stuff out late
You receive responses late
and you have a worse chance at getting scholarship money or accepted
If you are wondering why you haven't heard from all of your law schools yet it is because you applied too late.
Period.
I had everything out october 1st and recently heard from the last law school holding out.
Be smart
apply early

Someone pass scolomon a cookie for being such a good boy and applying early.

scolomon

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2004, 12:09:56 PM »
Hey dude, you snooze, you lose. I have no sympathy for you guys who keep yelling HOW COME TULANE HASNT RESPONDED, WHAT HAPPEENED TO SO AND SO
If you didn't send your stuff out early you have no reason to complain

Someone pass scolomon a cookie for being such a good boy and applying early.

NerdyLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Loser
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2004, 01:14:08 PM »
Scolomon,
I think many of the responders are pointing out the fact that early applications don't always mean early responses. Many factors contribute to a late application but if a school is slow to send out responses or they are sitting in a "maybe" pile somehwere, there is nothing that they can do besides post here for some peer comforting. I for one don't think the "where is my letter" chatter is too annoying. It's to be expected at this time of year. But that's what's so great about this board. If you don't like the topics, start a new one. Congradulations on your acceptace to Hofstra... Maybe I'll be seeing you there.
EE at Rutgers - 3.5/164
There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary and those who don't.

GA_Kristi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Whittier Law School Class of 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2004, 08:31:17 AM »
Or they're borderline and the LSs are taking a wait and see position.

Lavia, where did you find that pic?  It's really cute. 

It may be because you are borderline but if you were a borderline candidate that applied in october you would have heard back already.
If you were borderline and you applied late you probably wouldnt get in
Those are the cruel facts of law school admissions

Wrong.  I think I must be borderline at a lot of the schools I applied to!  I had most apps sent by October and complete by November and I'm still waiting on 2 schools (a week ago it was 5 schools)!  That's what happens when you apply to a high number of "reach" schools.  Actually, I haven't even heard from one that I definitely thought I'd get into.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious." - Vince Lombardi

marista

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - purplenna
    • View Profile
    • My lawschoolnumbers page
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2004, 03:39:26 PM »
I sent in my apps for Santa Clara, UNM and ASU in September/October.  Withdrew from UNM and SC in April after hearing NOTHING. Still hoping ASU will give me a decision someday since I paid for it. But there is no rhyme or reason to it. It is not as simple as early apply, early response. It seems almost random who hears what when.