Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GULC Deferral  (Read 5114 times)

hocuspocus

• View Profile
Re: GULC Deferral
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2004, 08:05:42 PM »
Guys,
   A deferral is wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyy better than a WL at this point.  There should be no debate about this.  I got deferred today too.  The fact that they deferred "less than 10% of early applicants" means that we are close to getting in.  Even if we do not, I am sure that we will at loeast get the PWL, so it is better to still have a chance at admittence.

Tim
I was deferred today.  The real issue is what percentage of deferred applicants ultimately get in.  From LSN for last year's applicants, it seems  that it's a very small chance, but I don't know how reliable that is.

cardman

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2004, 08:49:05 PM »
I was looking at LSN too.  I'm not sure how much reliability to grant it either...it's possible that the deferred applicants simply changed their status to "accepted" instead of "deferred, accepted", if they, in fact, were accepted.  In any case, LSN shows that not every deferred applicant is subsequently accepted, but we already knew that...

miguel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2004, 09:02:50 AM »
I wonder if GULC has the stats on how many deferred applicants were admitted last year, and I wonder if they'd be willing to give those to us?? I am also wondering if, assuming that they only deferred strong applicants, there is a strong likelihood that we'll end up on waitlists, too. I am thinking (baseless speculation) that the deferrals will be evenly divided one third of each: rejection, waitlist and admission).

Junglelnd

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2004, 09:23:25 AM »
I can't imagine that anyone will be rejected who was deferred -- they would have already done that when they had the chance.  I would think that the worst thing that could happen to you is that you are waitlisted.

Not that I know anything about anything.
167 3.45(3.34)
Accepted: GMU, UGA, UMD, Catholic, GWU, American
Waitlisted: GULC-FT, Vandy
Pending: Fordham (late addition)

FutureLawyerMiami

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Makaveli46
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2004, 11:12:43 AM »
I got deferred on 12/9 too.

Turtle2152

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2004, 09:07:58 PM »
I got deferred on 12/9 for PT. 163, 3.51.  I figure a deferral is better than a waitlist.  When looking at LSN, those who got deferred have slightly better numbers than those who got WL.  I think with a deferral, worst-case scenario is being put on the wait list come Feb 28

eileen2004

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2004, 09:59:14 AM »

I was deferred as well. 

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2004, 10:05:29 AM »
That's good ei, right? 
Better then my ass on the PWL ;)

I was deferred as well. 
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

eileen2004

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2004, 10:26:32 AM »
That's good ei, right? 

I was deferred as well. 

It's good, I guess.  I think in both of our cases it just means more waiting, which I wasn't handling so well the past few weeks.  It was a pretty big reach for me anyway, and I can see benefits of going to school elsewhere.  Nothing lost, I guess.  Now I need to stop fixating on this and try to salvage my job and personal relationships.   ;)

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2004, 11:06:28 AM »
I know right... and I kinda decided to quit smoking yesterday... I wonder how long that'll last.

That's good ei, right? 

I was deferred as well. 

It's good, I guess.  I think in both of our cases it just means more waiting, which I wasn't handling so well the past few weeks.  It was a pretty big reach for me anyway, and I can see benefits of going to school elsewhere.  Nothing lost, I guess.  Now I need to stop fixating on this and try to salvage my job and personal relationships.   ;)
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive