Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GULC Deferral  (Read 4969 times)

ariom

• View Profile
Re: GULC Deferral
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2004, 11:01:06 PM »
Did the deferral count as "decision" or "complete?"  Congrats by the way.  I do think it's better than waitlist it's prob. a 50% chance as opposed to 25% on PWL (didn't they say that they took 50 out of 200 last year).

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2004, 11:08:20 PM »
They said 50, but didn't say out of how many... 200 sounds like it could be, or maybe a little low. I dunno.

Did the deferral count as "decision" or "complete?"  Congrats by the way.  I do think it's better than waitlist it's prob. a 50% chance as opposed to 25% on PWL (didn't they say that they took 50 out of 200 last year).
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

timmy76

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2004, 11:12:51 PM »
Guys,
   A deferral is wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyy better than a WL at this point.  There should be no debate about this.  I got deferred today too.  The fact that they deferred "less than 10% of early applicants" means that we are close to getting in.  Even if we do not, I am sure that we will at loeast get the PWL, so it is better to still have a chance at admittence.

Tim

ariom

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2004, 11:30:10 PM »
Guys,
   A deferral is wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyy better than a WL at this point.  There should be no debate about this.  I got deferred today too.  The fact that they deferred "less than 10% of early applicants" means that we are close to getting in.  Even if we do not, I am sure that we will at loeast get the PWL, so it is better to still have a chance at admittence.

Tim

Are you at complete or decision?

miguel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2004, 07:33:26 AM »
Well, my online status still says "unavailable."

Back to the waiting board. :)

Is anyone considering sending anything else in? (grades, new LORs, etc?)

timmy76

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2004, 01:52:34 PM »
I went to decison 1 week before I got my letter

Tim

ariom

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2004, 02:49:37 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I don't knwo why I'm still at complete. 

miguel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2004, 03:25:54 PM »
ja13 - Are you at the U of R? That's where went as an undergrad. Good old Rochacha - how is that town (besides cold)?

ja13

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2004, 03:30:58 PM »
ja13 - Are you at the U of R? That's where went as an undergrad. Good old Rochacha - how is that town (besides cold)?

yes i am. there is not much to this town (in my opinion) and i am definitely ready to leave. although i can't complain about the weather this year (it's only snowed once, and briefly).

cardman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2004, 05:00:07 PM »
Well, I got my deferral in the mail today.  Obviously I would have enjoyed an acceptance, but considering my 156 LSAT, a deferral is an accomplishment in and of itself.  But then again, if I am bound to get rejected, why not put me out of my misery now?!?!  Damn you, Georgetown!

Anyway, best of luck to all you other deferrals...hopefully, we'll get something more positive come Feb. 28!