Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at University of Maryland  (Read 2352 times)

phishie

• GPA: 3.26, LSAT: 158 (Info is on LSN)
    • View Profile
Re: In at University of Maryland
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2004, 12:23:25 PM »
Awesome.  That makes me feel a lot better.
Schools pending: Emory, Wake Forest

Schools accepted so far:  Miami, GSU

School(s) deferred:  UVA

IrishGuyJay

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2004, 03:28:19 PM »
Many East Coasters seem to look down upon it, but those are just Northeast elitists who like looking down on everything.  I think it's a great city and it's definitely coming back because they have a good mayor.  Here's to Baltimore. 

You're right.  I'm from Philadelphia and I like to look down on Baltimore.  But that's just because North Jersey/NYC looks down on Philly/SE PA, you know, so we have to pass it down the line.

I wonder if Boston looks down on NYC.  That would really complete the circle.  I know they don't like the Yankees very much.

Boston doesn't really seem to look down on anyone.  That's one of the reasons I like it there so much.  Yeah, they hate the Yankees but so does almost every non-New Yorker. 

IrishGuyJay

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2004, 03:46:42 PM »
Many East Coasters seem to look down upon it, but those are just Northeast elitists who like looking down on everything.  I think it's a great city and it's definitely coming back because they have a good mayor.  Here's to Baltimore. 

You're right.  I'm from Philadelphia and I like to look down on Baltimore.  But that's just because North Jersey/NYC looks down on Philly/SE PA, you know, so we have to pass it down the line.

I wonder if Boston looks down on NYC.  That would really complete the circle.  I know they don't like the Yankees very much.

Boston doesn't really seem to look down on anyone.  That's one of the reasons I like it there so much.  Yeah, they hate the Yankees but so does almost every non-New Yorker. 

Actually, I do get the sense that NY does look down on Philly, though.  I mean, I've heard it from people up there "Oh, Philadelphia, that little hick-town" or "That place has nothing going for it," so if Philly looks down on Baltimore, it's due to the inferiority complex that Philly has (really, I think it does have one).

Oh, I definitely agree that NY looks down on Philly.  They look down on Baltimore, too.  I was talking about Boston, though.  Sorry 'bout that.