Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any Other Harvard 1Ls?  (Read 18478 times)

jessievb

• View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Any Other Harvard 1Ls?
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2005, 10:42:31 PM »
  I do think it's going to be weird telling people I don't know very well, so I've pretty much stuck with my close friends and family, as well as the professors who wrote me recommendations, because I'm pretty close with all of them.
  But one of my friends in my sorority told them to announce it during Chapter tonight, so now all 200+ girls in my sorority know.  They were all really excited though, probably because they've all watched Legally Blonde so many times!

jayhawk

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2005, 01:01:30 AM »
i just want this on my unread replies.  oh, and i'm planning on attending the march 21st admit day, so i hope to see some of you there!

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2005, 03:53:22 AM »
jayhawk, we should meet up then!  then i'll have someone to sit with and complain about the boring icebreaker events. Actually that doesn't make me sound like much fun...

:P

About dropping the H-bomb: for two years, whenever anyone asked me where I went to school, I'd say in Boston.  If they pressed me, Cambridge.  If they started giving me funny looks, I'd look at the floor and stutter out, "H-h-harvard..."  This is actually really common among Harvard undergrads, and probably Yale, Princeton, etc.  Esp. if you're from the West Coast, where occasionally you get a negative reaction about east coast schools.  I got over that once I realized that it's not such a big deal - I mean it is with regard to your career, but most people you meet won't judge you too much based on it (with some exceptions, both negative and positive).  I also got tired of feeling ashamed of where I attended college - it's a great place with great resources, and gosh darn it I am going to be its cheerleader!
HLS

Trevor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • T Sinister
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2005, 04:06:11 AM »
Hey, everyone.  I'm deciding between Harvard and Boalt (currently leaning to Cal) and I'd really apprecaite it if you stopped over in my thread on the general where should I go board.  Who knows, I may see you next fall in cambridge.  Thanks.

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2005, 10:17:13 AM »
Agreed (ulb).  I just had to figure out that my worries about what assumptions people might make about me were completely unfounded.
HLS

jayhawk

« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2005, 03:53:18 PM »
jayhawk, we should meet up then!  then i'll have someone to sit with and complain about the boring icebreaker events. Actually that doesn't make me sound like much fun...

i can't wait!  will you show me all the cool hangouts in cambridge?

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2005, 04:03:23 PM »
hmmm...well, i will show you the one amazing place to shop, and the one amazing tea shop, and the ... other amazing tea/coffee/chocolate place... lol, I think spent most of my undergrad shopping and drinking tea.
HLS

ChristyBelle

• AOL Instant Messenger - Alaberi01
    • View Profile
    • My life, my offering
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2005, 07:30:28 PM »
Hey everyone,

I'm wondering....have any of you received anything else besides your initial acceptance letter (the envelope with the response forms and extra envelopes) and the viewbook? I thought they were going to send more things...just want to make sure nothing got lost in the mail for me. :-)

Thanks a bunch!

Christy
Accepted: Georgetown, Harvard, Columbia
Pending: Michigan, Penn

alphalyrae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2005, 07:58:52 PM »
Hey everyone,

I'm wondering....have any of you received anything else besides your initial acceptance letter (the envelope with the response forms and extra envelopes) and the viewbook? I thought they were going to send more things...just want to make sure nothing got lost in the mail for me. :-)

Thanks a bunch!

Christy

No, Harvard has been really skimpy with the promotional material so far.
All I got was a form asking me to indicate which extracurricular groups I might be interested in.
I've received a few emails, and a phone call, but nothing tangible.
3.81/172
In: Harvard, Boalt, Chicago, Columbia, Michigan, Penn
Waitlisted: Stanford
Rejected: Yale

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alphalyrae

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2005, 11:49:34 AM »
Just got into HLS this afternoon, can't sleep, and am keeping my mind company by reading and chiming in on posts.  Visited HLS in september and loved it, excited to be headed back.  Personally, I'm more worried about the lack of good burrito places, but I can learn to cook.

No burrito places??? Terrible... :-[
Look to the left -- Look to the right