Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

I quit my job so that I would be able to study for finals to bring up my grades for my Gpa am I-

Stupid, how are you going to pay rent
 1 (4.2%)
An Idiot- If you can't take 21 credits and work 40 hours a week how are you oing to survive in law school
 4 (16.7%)
Smart- you realise GPA matters to get into Law School
 4 (16.7%)
Practical- You know whats best for your grade and GoodLuck
 15 (62.5%)
Looney- You need to check yourself into a madhouse because what you did was dumb!!
 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: I quit my job to study  (Read 2205 times)

Lawschool2005

I quit my job to study
« on: April 18, 2004, 01:15:43 PM »
Hi Guys, I am very confused. I am still in college and this semester I am taking 21 credits, 7 classes. I also work 40 hours a week at a job I hate and makes me depressed. I currently am wavering between A-C's in my classes. I don't have anytime to study. I start school at 8am and finish at 4pm then i go to work 5pm and work till 2 am. I am handing in my notice tomorrow so that I can make sure I have time to study and bring up those grades to all A's and some B's. My job will not let me have time off. Am I stupid to do this? I am not rich and have bills. I have some money to pay next Rent and car payment. I only have 2 and 1/2 more weeks of school left so I will be able to go back to work once I am done. Do you think I am crazy? I am doing this to ensure my GPA is higher for my Law School Applications. I am not applying till next year so it will make a difference. Please let me know as I will be quitting tomorrow!!

Lawschool2005

Re: I quit my job to study
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 01:26:30 PM »
Please don't read the topic and not vote. I would really like your opinions.

Ziva

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2004, 02:08:45 PM »
I think you're working way too much and should either quit work or go to school part time.  Your schedule is ridiculous. 

Ziva

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2004, 02:12:28 PM »
I want to quit your job. 

Lawschool2005

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2004, 02:23:49 PM »
Ziva, I know it is ridiculous. I wanted to work part-time but I had to move so needed the extra money to pay bills and rent and deposits and stuff. The thing is I really hate my job, I hate the company so much, plus I'm in customer service management so all I do is deal with angry customers who curse me out. I have been wanting to leave for a while but now it just seems like I really need to you now, for school. I am not sure if I am doing the right thing though, I guess I just feel guilty. I'm not sure what to tell them !! :-(

Ziva

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2004, 03:49:56 PM »
Law-- Don't sweat it.  You're delirious with fatigue or you would not be asking this question.  Tell them you need more time for school so you have to quit.  Who knows, they might even offer you some time off.

scolomon

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2004, 06:02:11 PM »
QUOTE An Idiot- If you can't take 21 credits and work 40 hours a week how are you oing to survive in law school

Idiot or not, the BAR wont let you take law school full time and work 40 hour weeks

Lawschool2005

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2004, 07:11:52 PM »
I am not in Law School...I am still an undergrad getting my bachelors degree. I don't plan on working first year in Law School at all.

melissa2781

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2004, 02:34:53 PM »
i agree that you need to cut something back... and now its way too late to cut back on your classes.  So obviously work is the only option besides totally screwing up your GPA.

but since you only have a few weeks left of school anyway..... will u be screwing yourself?  i mean... what are you going to do for work once school is done?  do you have a back up job?

And regardless of the situation, I am a firm believer that if you are at a job that makes you miserable and depressed, there should be no question of what you should do.  if you are working full time... most of your waking hours are spent at work.  Why not enjoy it?  Love what you do.  Find something you like, don't settle. 
**The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams ~ Eleanor Roosevelt**