Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Notifying schools about new LSAT score  (Read 602 times)

hocuspocus

• View Profile
Notifying schools about new LSAT score
« on: December 08, 2004, 11:12:49 AM »
All of my applications became complete in early-mid November.  I just took the December LSAT, but have not notified any of the schools yet because I'm worried that calling more attention to my retake (third LSAT overall, including one cancellation) is not a good idea.  On the other hand, it would be unfortunate to get rejected before they get the new, potentially higher score.

My reasoning for not informing them is that few schools actually reject people before January, unless their gpa/lsat is way below their average.  I'm confident that this is not a big problem for me, except at HYS.  I figure a higher score will definitely be noticed regardless.  I'm pretty sure my score will not be lower - if it is, certainly not by more than a point or so.

Does this make sense?

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Notifying schools about new LSAT score
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 01:25:28 PM »
I don't know if it makes sense. It seems like you're taking a big risk. Yes, a lot of schools don't reject until January but that doesn't mean that they don't have a pile of rejects just waiting to be mailed out. What if your application is in that pile because they don't know that you are waiting for your new LSAT score. I would definately let all the law schools know what is going on.