Law School Discussion

Cheating on the LSAT

Re: Cheating on the LSAT
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2004, 05:54:47 PM »
What about going back to a section you've already done or skipping ahead when you have extra time?

Can't do it--it's against regulations. I thought of that too and looked into it.

M2

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2004, 07:16:25 PM »
What about going back to a section you've already done or skipping ahead when you have extra time?

Can't do it--it's against regulations. I thought of that too and looked into it.

lol...i wish one could do that... I would end up with an extra 30 min for the games... which would prolly give me 1-2 more LG questions right :( lol

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2004, 07:46:55 AM »
I could totally have 30 extra min for Logic Games if I could skip around.  So frustrating.  That's why I asked.  So did I see somewhere else you're giving the Bible a shot?  I've read reviews saying it's either really helpful or completely counterproductive, and I'm just scared I'd fall into the category of people who it would screw up.  I need major help on the games, and only the games, and it sounds like you're in the same boat, so tell me what you think about the book.

Thanks!

Yeah, I've been using the book a lot. Personally, it's by far the best book I've used (out of about 6 so far). I can't imagine it being counterproductive in any sense. I'm just pissed because I found out they have a LR Bible coming out...but not until August.

M2

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2004, 01:08:12 PM »
I could totally have 30 extra min for Logic Games if I could skip around.  So frustrating.  That's why I asked.  So did I see somewhere else you're giving the Bible a shot?  I've read reviews saying it's either really helpful or completely counterproductive, and I'm just scared I'd fall into the category of people who it would screw up.  I need major help on the games, and only the games, and it sounds like you're in the same boat, so tell me what you think about the book.

Thanks!

Def get the logic games bible... The techniques are a little hard to get used to, but I am starting to see big improvements in my games section.

Before I started using it I would only get ONE game correct, but now I almsot always get 1.5 games correct...and im hoping to increase this to at least two solid games (12 raw points or so) correct.

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2004, 01:21:22 PM »
Try only 3 games instead of 4 (skip the most difficult one) -- you'll most likely solve perfectly 17-18 questions and could guess on another one for a total of 18-19 questions (75% of the questions answered correctly = excellent)

Strategies/Tactics
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2004, 07:12:58 PM »
The first time I decided to take the LSAT test I was really overwhelmed -- I mean, come on, you just can not complete 25-26 quest's in 35 min!!! So here it is what I did: I decided I would skip exactly ten -- yes 10 -- quest's per section and try to do well on the remaining 14/15/16 quest's. Because I had more than 2 min to complete each and every remaining quest I did really well on them (only 2 wrong answers for each section) while I got right like 7-8 quests out of the 40 skipped quest's. So in all it was like 59-60 correct quest's. Not bad, I'd say. Now I am trying to figure out a strategy how to be able to skip less quest's per section to raise my score.

« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2004, 08:08:00 AM »
Speaking of cheating, does anyone know if the Jews take the same test as the rest of us???

If so, it would seem to me that there is much room for cheating since they take the test two days later than everyone else...a person taking it two days later could very easily find out what questions were on the test and have two days to study them.

Just something I've always wondered about.

nathanielmark

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2004, 09:04:47 AM »

i agree with this for the most part.  i would just temper these comments to say it is sometimes better to skip a tough question (or 2 or even 3) on the easier 3 games, and pick up a couple of easier ones on the hard games.  even the hardest game usually has a couple of easy questions. sometimes easier games have questions that can chew up a ton of time off the clock.

be especially weary of questions that contain a differnent scenario for each answer choice, like "which of the following could be true:
a) if Gina eats parsley then melvin eats worms
b)if male private part lifts weights then jack does not hunt squirell
"

unless you have a relatively exhaustive template setup, this question should almost always be skipped"

IMO.

Try only 3 games instead of 4 (skip the most difficult one) -- you'll most likely solve perfectly 17-18 questions and could guess on another one for a total of 18-19 questions (75% of the questions answered correctly = excellent)

dta

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2004, 09:07:08 AM »
there's a way to ask that question without sounding anti-semitic. Your question is legit. The way you asked it is not.

nathanielmark

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2004, 09:10:55 AM »
there's a way to ask that question without sounding anti-semitic. Your question is legit. The way you asked it is not.

I think it was the use of "the " before jews that gave this affect.  i thought the same thing when i read it.