Law School Discussion

Cheating on the LSAT

ttiwed

Cheating on the LSAT
« on: April 18, 2004, 10:43:54 AM »
has anyone heard of people hiring others to take the lsat for them? a former lsat teacher of mine said that this happens more frequently than one would think. all you would really have to do is purchase a very well-doctored fake ID and hope that they never bother to match up your fingerprints. if i could get away with it, i would pay zpops to take it for me in a heartbeat  ;)

Ziva

Re: Cheating on the LSAT
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 11:00:04 AM »
hope that they never bother to match up your fingerprints. if i could get away with it, i would pay zpops to take it for me in a heartbeat  ;)

How would they "match up your fingerprints" anyway, unless you were being investigated for cheating?  It's not like there is a public database for them use to crosscheck your prints.  Presumably the stand-in would put his/her prints on all forms throughout. 

I've already taken the LSAT, btw, I'm just curious about how this would work. 

zpops

• Going to NYU in the fall! 3.99/175
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zp0ps
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2004, 11:09:08 AM »
I think that any score over 176 is auto-flagged for investigation, as is any score over 170 in a room where more than one person scores that high.  Cheating like this wouldn't work, becuase they'd go to the address you put down, and finger print you.  I suppose with an elaborate enough scheme it could work, but it wouldn't be as simple as having someone with a fake id.  Sorry, tti, I could use the money too   ;)

MindTheGap76

• UChicago Alum ('08)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2004, 11:12:51 AM »
What I've heard is that when you take the LSAT, everyone is fingerprinted.  When you take the BAR exam, everyone is fingerprinted.  Before you can be admitted to the BAR, they make sure that the person who took the LSAT is the same as the person who applied to law school; that the person told the truth on their law school application, and that the person who is taking the BAR exam is the same as the person who took the LSAT.

Basically, don't screw up or they will catch you.

Ziva

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2004, 11:23:38 AM »
Zpops- 

So, did they come to your house and fingerprint you?

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2004, 11:24:02 AM »
Fingerprinted? No, I was never fingerprinted when I took the LSAT. They, did, however, take a super, high-tech eye scan and blood....Please.

Ziva

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2004, 11:26:35 AM »
I was fingerprinted, as was everyone else who took the LSAT at my location.  I thought this was standard. 

zpops

• View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2004, 11:46:03 AM »
Zpops- 

So, did they come to your house and fingerprint you?

1 more right question and I think they would have. . .

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2004, 12:16:35 PM »
Ziva,

No, its not standard (I took it in Oct. 2002).

zpops

• View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2004, 12:22:12 PM »
I've never heard of the test being given without fingerprinting the testers.  I guess it could have just started in 2003 though. . .