Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Stanford Bound!  (Read 59331 times)

PennQuaker

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSN:pennquaker
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Lubester
    • View Profile
Re: Stanford Bound!
« Reply #860 on: May 21, 2005, 06:32:02 PM »
Did we meet Pandora?  If not, a party at your place sounds like a great place to do so.  The 4br apts at Rains sound pretty spacious - but - I have no idea what kind of roommates I'm going to draw and how they'd take to social things.
Depositing: Stanford
Waitlisting: Yale, Harvard

SLSdodgeball

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #861 on: May 21, 2005, 11:39:13 PM »
Muppet, I'm in the same boat.  I have a sinking feeling that if you didn't get an email today, you're not going to get one.  But, always an optimist, I'm calling housing services on Monday to double check - I'll let you know if they tell me anything different.

Are you going to take the EV 1 BR if you don't get an off-campus placement?  I've heard they're awfully small for two people.  :(

risingMC

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 22, 2005, 10:04:44 AM »
Did we meet Pandora?  If not, a party at your place sounds like a great place to do so.  The 4br apts at Rains sound pretty spacious - but - I have no idea what kind of roommates I'm going to draw and how they'd take to social things.

Hmmm ... you know the rooms themselves are about 9 x 11, right?

swagger

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Swagger008
    • View Profile
    • LSN for stats
« Reply #863 on: May 22, 2005, 11:38:41 AM »
Rains 2 Br. 

p

• Sr. Citizen
  • "It's like raaiinnn.."
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 22, 2005, 04:39:14 PM »
Did we meet Pandora?

I don't know. Unfortunately, I wasn't my usual work hard/play hard self. I know I met square and beano. 
Oh, I was just watching jeoparody with my grandma and I was able to answer all of the questions in a category. However, it was the potent potables category. Opps.
 :D

MC, did you get a housing assignment yet?
"Children? If I have to have they'll make a great holiday party accessory. Oh, they can put coats away and stuff."

Muppet

• "And we'll pass and be forgotten with the rest..."
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #865 on: May 22, 2005, 07:38:09 PM »
Dodgeball, at least we're together on this.  I'll be phoning the housing office tomorrow too.  They should at least let us know that he have not been assigned, rather than engage in this radio-silence technique.

If I don't get assigned in the off-campus lottery, I'm wary about accepting the EV 1BR option.  The website says that they average only about 500 square feet, and it's over $1200 a month.  IMHO, that's f**king ridiculous.  There are some decently nearby off-campus options that are 200 feet bigger and 200 dollars cheaper.

But then, of course, I run into another wall.  Am I willing to move into an apartment complex that's not under Stanford's watchful eye and that I've never visited?  I really wish I had the money to fly out again and tour around, but we teachers don't make much these days.  :(
Stanford '08.  Fo' shizzle.

risingMC

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 22, 2005, 09:25:36 PM »
MC, did you get a housing assignment yet?

I got a non-assignment ...  :P

trotwood

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #867 on: May 23, 2005, 09:40:56 AM »
Got an EV Studio. 

MC - sorry to hear about your non-assignment.  are you going to craigslist-it?  i bet you could find a diamond in the rough...
173/3.89
In: Stanford, Columbia, UChicago, NYU($$$), Boalt, GULC
Waitlisted: Yale, Harvard (withdrawn)
Attending: Stanford

risingMC

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 23, 2005, 10:10:21 AM »
Got an EV Studio. 

MC - sorry to hear about your non-assignment.  are you going to craigslist-it?  i bet you could find a diamond in the rough...

Hopefully it doesn't come to that. Right now I'm going to hold out on the waitlist, where I've now included the crothers option ( :P). I also separately applied for near-campus options, so we'll see how that goes. If nothing comes through by the end of june or so, craigslist becomes a serious option. 

Muppet

• "And we'll pass and be forgotten with the rest..."
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #869 on: May 23, 2005, 03:27:07 PM »
SLSDodgeball.  Bad news.

By being offered an on-campus assignment, I'm now irrevocably OFF the off-campus lottery list.  They said I can't even reject the EV assignment and reapply.  So it now seems that I'm stuck living in the EV 1BR.

What to do, what to do...
Stanford '08.  Fo' shizzle.