Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone know anything about Environmental Law?  (Read 495 times)

Victor

Anyone know anything about Environmental Law?
« on: April 18, 2004, 06:31:07 AM »
I'm thinking of going into that field.

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
  • Going to NYU in the fall! 3.99/175
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zp0ps
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
Re: Anyone know anything about Environmental Law?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 11:58:51 AM »
I know that if you pursue it as a public interest career (I suspect most jobs in environmental law are public interest) then it will be very competitive.  Public interest jobs are relativly rare, and to get one you should really try and go to a school with a good program, in a big public interest city.  Another thing to consider is how to deal with your debt, since these types of jobs don't pay very well.  Certain schools have phenomenal LRAP (loan repayment assistance program) which will lessen or eliminate your debt after several years of work in a pub interest job.  Definilty check out the environmental law program, LRAP, and the schools rate of placement in envronmental law jobs.  Good luck!
www.thedigitalrant.com - A site for discussions on books, movies, video games and other forms of entertainment.  We're just starting out, so stop on by, if you have the chance.

Victor

Re: Anyone know anything about Environmental Law?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2004, 12:52:17 PM »
I know that if you pursue it as a public interest career (I suspect most jobs in environmental law are public interest) then it will be very competitive.  Public interest jobs are relativly rare, and to get one you should really try and go to a school with a good program, in a big public interest city.  Another thing to consider is how to deal with your debt, since these types of jobs don't pay very well.  Certain schools have phenomenal LRAP (loan repayment assistance program) which will lessen or eliminate your debt after several years of work in a pub interest job.  Definilty check out the environmental law program, LRAP, and the schools rate of placement in envronmental law jobs.  Good luck!

Damn, that stinks. How low are we talking here? $30,000 ?? Alright, I'm going to have to look for another field in law.